Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   another big fold (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549811)

loosbastard 11-19-2007 03:43 PM

Re: another big fold

This is probably a good fold...but I don't ever make it.

If he had called from the BB after SB did, I would think A9/A6s becomes more a part of his range and I'd probably stack off happily...but I think you're getting shown 66 practically every time here. I guess another AQ is possible...yet obviously much less likely.

scallop 11-19-2007 03:45 PM

Whats a nit? His vpip isnt that low, he just doesnt raise to many hands. I mean clearly he calls with big hands when other player would raise, because 5% is really low.

No histroy = small sample?

I see nits do this all the time, because alot of them are self aware. This could easily be a6, a9, even 99.

If you think his range is sets then AQ=Ax and Baluga the turn ?

That said im calling.

Speedlimits 11-19-2007 03:52 PM

not pushing the turn is pretty bad

sh58 11-19-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats a nit? His vpip isnt that low, he just doesnt raise to many hands. I mean clearly he calls with big hands when other player would raise, because 5% is really low.

No histroy = small sample?

I see nits do this all the time, because alot of them are self aware. This could easily be a6, a9, even 99.

If you think his range is sets then AQ=Ax and Baluga the turn ?

That said im calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

16% is pretty low.

i forgot to say this is over 1000+ hands

Shizzle12345 11-19-2007 03:57 PM

LOL, lately i stacked ALOT of nits in very weird spots. Basicly me having a strong hand and they having top pair weak kicker, or some weird draw or some other weird ass hand. So i never ever fold here, also those stats dont say anything really.. He can easily call with a hand like A9 OO blinds. 16/5 pretty much says hes bad. But some more info besides stats would be nice.

RUDIKULOUS 11-19-2007 03:59 PM

So you have no reads other than stats? How often does he defend his blinds?

Shizzle12345 11-19-2007 04:01 PM

about not having specific reads, its pretty bad to not have a single one with some many hands on the guy. Look in his biggest lost and won pots for tells. The first 40 hands at a table i have notes on like 4/6 players and they are massive +EV. I used to be lazy, but now im not using pokertracker so im actually forced to pay attention, and not rely on stupid stats that dont say that much really.

Djeorge 11-19-2007 04:04 PM

this is v sick but nits routinely blow up and turn up with AJ or something ridic. also there's only one combo of AA and QQ and he folds the flop some w/99 so i guess i call.

sh58 11-19-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about not having specific reads, its pretty bad to not have a single one with some many hands on the guy. Look in his biggest lost and won pots for tells. The first 40 hands at a table i have notes on like 4/6 players and they are massive +EV. I used to be lazy, but now im not using pokertracker so im actually forced to pay attention, and not rely on stupid stats that dont say that much really.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are datamined hands, so haven't played with him before

looking into every players biggest pots won/lost would take ages as a 4/5 table. so it's taking about 3 minutes per player and that is 20 players or so. i obviously don't have time to do this during the hand as well.

also my PT is sooooooo slow.

i agree that nits seem to show up with really strange stuff

ZManODS 11-19-2007 05:01 PM

Where you wearing your skirt at the time of this hand?