Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFc MVP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548744)

PokerFink 11-18-2007 08:52 AM

Re: NFc MVP

Favre. Somewhere between "it's close" and "it's not even close."

BigCummins 11-18-2007 09:29 AM

farve, romo,or T.O.

I think Farve gets more credit because he doesnt have someone like TO to throw the ball to every game when hes throwing 50x in a game and still holding it together.

Romo and TO pretty much have to be listed together because they both make some sick plays for each other. TO has had quite a few game changing/winning breakaway TD's this year. He says hes the happiest hes been his entire career and definately showing this year with his words and performance on the field.
As for romo, I think his best moments this season are yet to come, but aside from the bills game, Hes been spot on all year. Putting up numbers I've been dreaming of seeing from a cowboy since aikman.

I still think i'd have to say farve right now because hes everything to that team, like he has been for however many years now, but hes just playing better now..
whatever hes brett farve he just wins

dlk9s 11-18-2007 11:30 AM

It's not that Favre doesn't have the receiver talent to work with - he actually does have a very good group to throw to - it's that he has been successful with zero running game. The fact that teams know he's going to throw and he has still done so well is what would give him the edge in my mind. Plus, from what I read, he's actually been making a lot of the play calls at the line of scrimmage (not to the extent of Manning, but much more than in the past).

I've been very, very impressed with Romo this year. I wasn't sure what to make of him after last season, but he seems to be the real deal.

gehrig 11-18-2007 11:38 AM

gb's running game is pretty average, they just never run. given how effective their passing game has been there's no reason for them to.

gehrig 11-18-2007 11:40 AM

how mad is this forum going to be if favre wins the mvp over brady because favre obv single handedly lead the packers to 13 wins and the pats would've won like 14 even without brady

BillNye 11-18-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how mad is this forum going to be if favre wins the mvp over brady because favre obv single handedly lead the packers to 13 wins and the pats would've won like 14 even without brady

[/ QUOTE ]

Their strength is their Defense, Favre plays D too?

splashpot 11-18-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No way NE wins 14 without Brady. Have you seen Matt Cassel play?

BillNye 11-18-2007 12:07 PM

Pats still make playoffs w/o Brady.

With Brady they go 19-0.

He will win MVP.

gehrig 11-18-2007 12:09 PM

wtf im not saying thats a good argument but i could see enough stupid sportswriters buying into it

Borgland 11-18-2007 01:20 PM

Favre by far. GB would be under .500 without him. Dallas has more talent overall.