Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every day. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548715)

Clayton 11-18-2007 02:03 AM

Re: Quit making sweat threads about tournaments you final table every

i think u have good points luke.

i tend to only make FT sweat threads when ive final tabled something worth making a post about, and whenever that happens yellowsub beats me to it because he's a donk.

however, i dont see them as a huge detriment as you see them. tournaments are essentially a joke, so you would be hard-pressed to find an atomosphere of forumgoing around tournaments that doesn't inveitably become retarded.

whats good tho is that mttc posters obviously [censored] rule

cow_phunk 11-18-2007 02:03 AM

thats what i thought deeb was doing.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-18-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u have good points luke.

i tend to only make FT sweat threads when ive final tabled something worth making a post about, and whenever that happens yellowsub beats me to it because he's a donk.

however, i dont see them as a huge detriment as you see them. tournaments are essentially a joke, so you would be hard-pressed to find an atomosphere of forumgoing around tournaments that doesn't inveitably become retarded.

whats good tho is that mttc posters obviously [censored] rule

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to stop participating or reading MTTC because of something like this.

I just like to point out things that annoy me. Call me a young Larry David.

driverseati 11-18-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Luke has a little nit in him? The sweat threads aren't really THAT much of an issue imo.

shaundeeb 11-18-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Luke has a LOT nit in him?

[/ QUOTE ]

LearnedfromTV 11-18-2007 02:45 AM

agree with luke, espeically for people who have had enough success to act like they've been there before; I don't think it's that big a deal but the distinctions he made in the OP are on point imo. When i first posted here like two years ago I would post a sweat thread for everything i ft'ed because i was like "omg a final table yessssssss."

So for the people who still have that feeling when they make a final table, go ahead, even if it's micros, especially people who post in ssmtt/don't play full time/etc. but if you're a regular mtter who makes several ft's a week, it's not really necessary.

I think I've posted a couple sweat threads in the last few months; a sunday horse, maybe one or two others. I know I definitely posted a stars 109 freezout sweat because that tournament has owned me forever.

I don't really get the whole waffle crush thing. I mean, I read the origin of the name, and I know they're staking and making millions, and I believe shaun [censored] deeb is involved, and I just realized the word is censored which I find hilarious, but something about it all just doesn't make sense to me.

ZJ123 11-18-2007 02:51 AM

sry luke, but recently i haven't even had the chnace :/

Apathy 11-18-2007 02:53 AM

running bad lately buddy?

Exitonly 11-18-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When i first posted here like two years ago I would post a sweat thread for everything i ft'ed because i was like "omg a final table yessssssss."

So for the people who still have that feeling when they make a final table, go ahead, even if it's micros, especially people who post in ssmtt/don't play full time/etc. but if you're a regular mtter who makes several ft's a week, it's not really necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

If shaun still gets his rocks off everytime he makes a $30r FT, then i dont really care if he makes a post. But he should be making it because he's excited, not because he's at a final table - and i think he mixes those up sometimes.

Though that said, his last few sweat thread's have been FTOPs FTOPs 1k 1k etc etc, so i got no complaints really. But i do see what OP is saying and kinda agree.

mikeJ 11-18-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My point is that people who make the same final tables or similar ones in kind of small tournaments make too many sweat threads and it annoys me.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If a well-established poster whom we all know does well makes a thread where the top prize is 5k, WHO CARES.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, he used "who" and "whom" correctly in the same post. You won me over.

10k grammar lessons yo??? (for shaundeeb)