Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Two pair on a draw heavy board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547541)

BrassMonkey 11-16-2007 02:09 PM

Re: Top two pair on a draw heavy board

Yea, I now feel like a turdburglar for posting this one. Mistake... accident... tit... I'm sorry for having wasted your time, dudes. This is horrid.

Tryptamean 11-16-2007 02:19 PM

wow, thats a lot of bets

BrassMonkey 11-16-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, thats a lot of bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it could have something to do with why I ran 35 wtsd/60.8 won at sd/43 won when saw flop over 600 hands, and STILL lost $126.

mattnxtc 11-16-2007 02:42 PM

I think you still lost because in big pots you spewed in bad spots this being one of them. I bet if you look at big pots you lost, you showed to much aggression in marginal spots.

BrassMonkey 11-16-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you still lost because in big pots you spewed in bad spots this being one of them. I bet if you look at big pots you lost, you showed to much aggression in marginal spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Need to work on that.

danzasmack 11-16-2007 03:50 PM

"Given that so many people go hyper-spaz in position with flush draws, and I can easily fold to a turn three-bet"

You see the contradiction here right?

srry don't mean to rub it in

istewart 11-16-2007 03:59 PM

To quote Roy Munson ^, I usually close my laptop after this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BrassMonkey 11-16-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Given that so many people go hyper-spaz in position with flush draws, and I can easily fold to a turn three-bet"

You see the contradiction here right?

srry don't mean to rub it in

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have clarified that I meant "on the flop". Villians generally don't keep going ballistic with a flush draw on the turn (right?!). Still, given that I clearly had outs to the boat (playing and posting hung over is dumb), my turn fold is horrendous. I'll never live this hand down, will I? Haha.

Apanage 11-16-2007 05:21 PM

Re: Two pair on a draw heavy board

I certainly doesn´t like the turn fold.But I think the biggest mistake is to checkraise turn getting yourself into bloating a pot with a hand that really doesn´t warrant it IMO.He is liking his hand on flop enough to cap it.If you promptly want to put in more bets then donk turn
The turn fold is not a huge mistake EV-wise because sometimes you are drawing to 2 or 3 outs.But metagame wise it is a disaster.