Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   nl100 JJ in BB, is this spew? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547192)

The Student 11-16-2007 05:35 AM

Re: nl100 JJ in BB, is this spew?

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't 3-bet this preflop. I prefer to flat call and play for set value. I just don't like building big pots out of position.

But I can see the merits of 3-betting, so maybe I'm wrong.

As played, I think your decision to push was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't put in 1/3 of your stack and play for set value. And shoving eliminates the problem of being out of position.

I shove here too and know that I'm looking at a high variance play if MP2 calls me.

Brimstead 11-16-2007 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time I would just call BTN's reraise allin

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to call the btn AI because then MP2 would definitely be calling, possibly shoving. If he shoves I might feel committed enough to have to put the rest of my chips in, knowing im behind [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
If he calls then....

[ QUOTE ]
40% of the time an overcard will flop, which will fit right into there ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

.... and i'll have to play the flop with him out of position, and i really don't want to have to c/f. I really dont want to do that with a third of my stack in PF.

As for ranges, i think btn is AQ+, 99-QQ. i think MP2's range here is AK and TT-AA. Pokerstove gives me 28% equity against those ranges... Remove AA and KK from mp2's range and that goes up to 34%.
Any1 else got a more likely range for each player? its hard with no reads, i dont know if they are spewy or not.

NL__Fool 11-16-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for ranges, i think btn is AQ+, 99-QQ. i think MP2's range here is AK and TT-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ranges are way to tight here. I see crap like this all the time. Button figures it's time to Gambool. He shows up with a hand like AA or KK here about 1 time in 20.

I'd give the button any Pocket Pair, A8+ K10s + QJs maybe slightly tighter but not by much.

You can't give MP2 such a tight range unless you have stats on him that you never posted. I run at 14/11 and in the Hijack against a limper I am raising AA-66 here and 87s+ 810+ maybe a little tighter or looser depending on the cutoff and button, if I am off a little it's not by much.

Calling sucks, Mp2 isn't folding AK or QQ here when it's $12 to him in a $70 pot. I shove, enbrace the variance and hope to fold out AK or a hand like QQ.

jaydreb 11-16-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't 3-bet this preflop. I prefer to flat call and play for set value. I just don't like building big pots out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't put in 1/3 of your stack and play for set value. And shoving eliminates the problem of being out of position.

I shove here too and know that I'm looking at a high variance play if MP2 calls me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about putting 1/3 of the stack in. I'm talking about just flat calling the initial $4 raise instead of re-raising to $16.

HesseJam 11-16-2007 11:33 AM

I like it.

(the shove)

NL__Fool 11-16-2007 12:50 PM

I never noticed that MP2 flat called the 3 bet, So his range will be much tighter then waht I said in my earlier post

The Student 11-16-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about putting 1/3 of the stack in. I'm talking about just flat calling the initial $4 raise instead of re-raising to $16.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, apologies - I misunderstood you. I will sometimes take this line too, especially if I'm up against multiple full stacked players and I'm not sure that the original raiser will fold to a big re-raise from the blinds.

Brimstead 11-16-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, apologies - I misunderstood you. I will sometimes take this line too, especially if I'm up against multiple full stacked players and I'm not sure that the original raiser will fold to a big re-raise from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont always 3bet w/ JJ, i play it both ways, but on this occasion i was in the blinds against 2 unknowns so i wanted to play heads up.... then things started getting wild

AllTheCheese 11-16-2007 01:46 PM

lol, whenever there's a sidepot, all the posters have mental detenoations.

Dr_Jeckyl_00 11-16-2007 02:01 PM

I would call and play for set value b/c you're oop, but if you're going to raise I would raise more, maybe $20...