Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Fun w/ A9s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546857)

chesspain 11-15-2007 03:48 PM

Re: Fun w/ A9s

[ QUOTE ]
anyone ever CR this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to c/r HU when all I can represent is a draw.

KitCloudkicker 11-15-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone ever CR this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to c/r HU when all I can represent is a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you consider a CR on a different board, like KJx (two clubs) or KKx (two clubs)?

i've never taken a line like this but i'm willing to consider creative liberties

(sorry if thread hijacking)

gaming_mouse 11-15-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the Bellagio I 3 bet this turn and more or less dark bet the river, unless this is a particular breed of player who is more suited to be playing at Commerce. Then I just call the river I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

DD,

Your 3b obviously gets more money in from draws. I assume it also gains you some fold equity: which pairs do you think will fold when you cbet the river after 3betting the turn?

Also, can you describe the commerce breed that makes you just calldown?

private joker 11-15-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's see, it costs 2BB to try to win 9BB. You know what, I think she folds often enough to make this a profitable river checkraise. Do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

joker, many of the times she folds she has a missed draw and you had the best hand anyway. The c/r is only useful if you think you can get her to fold a T. I don't think many people will, and even less "bad" people... though ofc it depends on the type of bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she folds a T often enough. Dude can represent AK/KQ (with clubs as well) pretty believably, and his line looks like he got there on the river and wants to get paid off by a crying-call T-hand.

cgrohman 11-15-2007 05:03 PM

It's a lot easier to get villian to fold to a turn c/r than a river c/r and at least if you c/r the turn you have some outs. Very few people fold a reasonable pair for one bet on the river

The Dude 11-15-2007 05:37 PM

What makes you people think she has a "reasonable pair?"

DeathDonkey 11-15-2007 05:51 PM

Against some Bellagio guys I wouldn't be shocked if they rivered TP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something and folded it and showed and said "oops caught the wrong one".

The breed I'm thinking of that's prevalent at Commerce is the tricky LAG type but not good enough to choose good board textures. So like if they had a pocket pair or suited connector that hit this flop they would just raise right there, so their range on the turn is like {semibluff, pair of tens, set, straight, complete nothing}. I have no fold equity against them because they don't make big folds so if I'm wrong and they do have a pp or I'm sometimes right and they have Tx, its certainly getting shown down. They will bluff the river with their full range unless something drastic happens (maybe an ace hits river and they change their mind and give up). If I were up against one of these guys though a turn check is appealing.

-DeathDonkey

bakku 11-15-2007 05:53 PM

trying to get loose asian dealers to fold seems pretty futile to me

*TT* 11-15-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you people think she has a "reasonable pair?"

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely why it might have been be a good spot for a turn value check. That board has "float me!" written all over it for a tricky opponent.

*TT* 11-15-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trying to get loose asian dealers to fold seems pretty futile to me

[/ QUOTE ]

usually I am busy trying to get other things from loose Asian dealers. I love play pokher. I kid I kid....

If the player type is loose enough to call a 3-bet and a river bet with AT then as DD pointed out the agro line is futile.