Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Phil Jackson is awesome (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546698)

Jack of Arcades 11-15-2007 01:48 PM

Re: Phil Jackson is awesome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is "penetration" only associated with gay sex? The joke doesn't really make sense. Maybe he's trying to say the Lakers are really gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, this is pretty much why the joke isnt funny.

But its still not offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think it's not funny because, well, he's the billionth person to make a Brokeback Mountain joke.

I'm not really sure how offensive it is, I guess. I'm not sure if I'm really in a position to judge accurately.

Wynton 11-15-2007 01:54 PM

Actually, the apology is the funny part. Phil looks deadly serious, and then finishes with apologizing for offending any cowboys or horses, or whatever, which plainly seems like he is mocking the entire episode.

bellytimber 11-15-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where was the 'alliteration'???

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't watch the apology, but maybe he meant allusion. I like PJ, but it wouldn't be the first time that his tendency to use 50% more syllables than necessary led him to a confusing place.

Assani Fisher 11-15-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the apology is the funny part. Phil looks deadly serious, and then finishes with apologizing for offending any cowboys or horses, or whatever, which plainly seems like he is mocking the entire episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed completely, although until the very end when he apologized for offending any horses I did actually think he was being serious(so I guess he did a good job then).

99,439 and counting

HajiShirazu 11-15-2007 02:49 PM

The apology was flat out hilarious.

kidcolin 11-15-2007 02:58 PM

vhawk,

come on. You're smarter than that. Special interest groups aren't interested in equality or equal treatment. It's about protection and privileges.

Spellmen 11-15-2007 04:03 PM

The joke wasn't really funny, I kind of smirked when I heard it, but without it that hilarious "apology" wouldn't have existed

NozeCandy 11-15-2007 04:09 PM

When they lose on the road to Denver he should call it a Kobe game.

dkgojackets 11-15-2007 05:06 PM

He made the mediocre joke just to set up the A+ apology.

I like it, well planned.

vhawk01 11-15-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. I listened to about 5 different talking heads say things like "Jackson was apologetic afterwards" and "Jackson later admitted his remarks were wrong" or things like that. Did they actually WATCH the "apology?" He says something like "Thank you, ESPN, for making this a big deal and letting me see the error of my ways." And then he apologizes for offending horses and cowboys. This was an ANTI-apology, and it was perfect. Far more hilarious than the original joke, and its especially funny that the morons couldnt tell it wasnt a real apology.