Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Who is betting against Hillary? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546494)

bocablkr 11-15-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Who is betting against Hillary?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got any action on the presidential race? I bet my friend $1000 giving 3 to 1 odds that Hillary will not be the next president of the US. +EV / -EV ? Thoughts?

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you should offer your friend $2500 now and save paying him $3000 later. Bad bet.

4 High 11-15-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got any action on the presidential race? I bet my friend $1000 giving 3 to 1 odds that Hillary will not be the next president of the US. +EV / -EV ? Thoughts?

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm remembering my Freakonomics correctly, they stated that Female and Black candidates tended to poll 3-4% higher than they actually received at election. Even considering this she'll probably win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was true in the past however recent elections have proven this to be wrong now.

octaveshift 11-15-2007 01:09 PM

I've got $500 even money vs a friend that she's not going to be our next President.

bobman0330 11-15-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

We should match you and Iron up for some kind of prop-betting Special Olympics.

wtfsvi 11-15-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] shh you're ruining my action [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

iron81 11-15-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I'm 1-1 lifetime in political prop betting. I won $40 off Elliot on Dem control of the Senate last year and I lost a $10 bet with my dad that Kerry would win. I suspected that he would try to maximize the mileage out of the bet so I mailed him cash instead of a check which would have my name and signature on it. He framed the bill.

Outside of politics, my record is much, much worse.

Borodog 11-15-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-TheActionKid

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shi'ite this is a phenomenally bad bet.

Edit: I misread the OP. I was thinking Democratic Nomination, not president. It's not a *terrible* bet, but I think she's basically 50-50 for Pres. Maybe 3:2 against.