Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Best Selling Poker Book eva.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546396)

True North 11-15-2007 11:24 AM

Re: Comment frequency statistics from Amazon

I'd guess Poker for Dummies.

Re: Best Selling Poker Book eva..

Mason did state in a thread a couple of years ago that HEFAP was the best selling Two Plus Two book but that was only for Two Plus Two and before some Two Plus Two released some of the greatest ground breaking poker books such as SSH, HOH (Vol. 1, 2 and even 3), NLHTP and PNLH.

I suspect SS 1 has to be way up there just because it has the most publicity... HOH is probably right up there too. If I had to make a bet, I would say those two books are one and two in any particular order. HEFAP is probably still in the top 5 all time.

DeadMoneyWalking 11-18-2007 11:42 PM

When I walk by the poker section of B&N I often ask "what would a newbie buy?" He is more likely to reach for the books by TV players than say, "Theory of Poker."

GeeBeeQED 11-19-2007 12:45 AM

Hey, there were a few books in the list I didn't own. I enjoyed looking them all up and am getting a few new ones on the way. Great fun!

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
When I walk by the poker section of B&N I often ask "what would a newbie buy?" He is more likely to reach for the books by TV players than say, "Theory of Poker."

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Theory of Poker is not the top bestseller but your statement above is incorrect. I can guarantee you that any of the following Two Plus Two books:
SSH
HOH I OR II
HEFAP

would have outsold any of the following:
any book written by: Phil Helmuth, Annie Duke, Antonio E, Barry Greenstein, or Daniel Negreanu.

SSH and HEPFAP will not likely stay in the top for too much longer b/c limit is falling way behind No Limit cash and tournaments in popularity.

I would say it is only a matter of time before Harrington's books become the best selling poker book of all time. It has established itself as the the gold standards for NL strategy.

Gelford 11-19-2007 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It has established itself as the the gold standards for NL strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash ? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

choccypie 11-19-2007 07:14 AM

I've always thought it was either Harringtons or Theory of Poker, judging by the fact these are probably the 2 most often recommended titles on these forums.

BlueSmurf 11-19-2007 08:18 AM

1) There can be little doubt HOH1 is the best-selling poker book of all times. All indicators point to it.

2) You're underestimating Hellmuth's PPLTP. I agree that most other name player books and DVDs quickly fade away, but Hellmuth's book actually had some real content (albeit bizarre at times), insofar as it deals with all kinds of normal poker variants, and its timing was awesome. It takes a while before you realise how bad it is in some places, but by that time, you have alkready bought it! C'mon, admit it, you own a copy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I do.

Cheers,

Smurf

SuperUberBob 11-19-2007 10:13 AM

Super System just because it's been in circulation for so long.

Gonso 11-19-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought it was either Harringtons or Theory of Poker, judging by the fact these are probably the 2 most often recommended titles on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to remember that only a fraction of the people who buy a poker book will even visit 2+2.