Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Very Weird Hand X-Post from HSNL: Showing Love for MSNL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545745)

good2cu 11-14-2007 03:03 AM

Re: Very Weird Hand X-Post from HSNL: Showing Love for MSNL

The very good poster meant he'd fold the flop not preflop.

wheelz 11-14-2007 03:06 AM

yeah i can see folding the flop. i think i'd probably call though. i'm c/f on the river as played.

definitely calling preflop.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-14-2007 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The very good poster meant he'd fold the flop not preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

thought you were crazy at the time, didn't want to go into it.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-14-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding pre is too weak even if we are only playing for set value (which we arent) b/c of the dead money in the pot. Pushing only gets called by better so calling in position seems like the only play.

Flop is ok, although I would probably just call because as Triumph said, 30/7's don't throw multi-street bluffs and there are two ppl left to act.

On the turn, you have to be scared as hell of villains range, also, if he's any good, he's not calling with 98. C/f seems best

The river is a really strange spot and at this point I'm confused as to what the hell he could possibly have. Is your read on villain that he is a good nit or bad nit? if he's bad enough to call with 98, then a small b/f doesn't seem too bad, as its unlikely he's going to bluff this hand and may call with worse. Most likely though, I feel like we have to be toast and I c/f unless he throws some stupid bet out there giving us 6 or 7 to 1 so I can spite call him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't have any read on the button.

d2themfi 11-14-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just call flop. given how protected this pot is i dont expect anybody to be bluffing with any frequency and 16/11s dont even have many combinations of oesds (which are the only draw).

as played i would c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

fees 11-14-2007 03:20 AM

I c/f his overcall is ultra strong here im not sure if he turns 98s into a bluff but I doubt it, only hand we really beat at this point

snakekilla88 11-14-2007 03:25 AM

Yep, flop is toughest spot IMO. Seems like just calling or even c/f are the two best options. Leaning towards calling.

river seems like a c/f.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-14-2007 03:30 AM

i think raising the flop is pretty terrible, i would call and re eval/ fold to any further action.

xorbie 11-14-2007 03:52 AM

either raise the flop to 700 or just call.

g-p 11-14-2007 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think raising the flop is pretty terrible, i would call and re eval/ fold to any further action.

[/ QUOTE ]
SB bet 220 into 700 and we minraised, how is that terrible