Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dwight Freeneys season possibly over (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545457)

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2007 07:53 PM

Re: Dwight Freeneys season possibly over

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg Colts, we'll always wonder what could have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

even with Freeney, the Colts are a TD dog @ NE

[/ QUOTE ]

but with a fully healty team things get much more intriguing

[/ QUOTE ]

the Pats aren't immune to injuries, so things could change yet. I mean if Randy Moss pulls a hammy....

Pudge714 11-13-2007 08:01 PM

Colts signed Simeon Rice.

MDoranD 11-13-2007 08:02 PM

one of my favorite game options in Madden was turning injuries "off".

It would be very interesting to see the league go thru a whole season with no injuries IRL and see where everyone finishes.

TheNoodleMan 11-13-2007 08:22 PM

I'd wait before taking this as gospel. The Colts haven't said anything other than they expect him to miss at least 3-4 weeks.

ESPN has a less than perfect perfect record when it comes to their unnamed sources ( Eli Manning out at least a month ), so we'll just have to wait and see.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2007 08:33 PM

the thing about this report is that they seem to have really specific information.

Spellmen 11-13-2007 08:36 PM

I may have missed some, but all I've seen so far is gross speculation by Clayton that had no real information other than him saying if things progress worse he could need surgery

dlk9s 11-13-2007 08:40 PM

Man, there have been a lot of injuries to key players this year. It's really too bad. I don't mind when a good player is out for the game against my team, but I don't want guys out for the whole season.

Sucky.

TheNoodleMan 11-13-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing about this report is that they seem to have really specific information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like what? All I see is "a source said Tuesday that Freeney might have suffered a Lisfranc injury"

[x] unnamed source
[x] statement qualified with "might"

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Like what? All I see is "a source said Tuesday that Freeney might have suffered a Lisfranc injury"

[x] unnamed source
[x] statement qualified with "might"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Lisfranc injury" is a phrase I have never heard before. seems like a weird thing to come out of complete speculation

Jeff W 11-13-2007 08:53 PM

Lis franc is a midfoot fracture. Very serious injury (often worse than say, torn ACL).