Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   A hand against Swami... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545156)

nineinchal 11-13-2007 02:35 PM

Re: A hand against Swami...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never understand why people slow down on the flop and then lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

to induce people to overplay TPTK and overpairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he is drunk. He can blow a 3.0 after the case of beer he consumed.

cgrohman 11-13-2007 02:36 PM

Why not either a) raise the flop again and lead the turn or b) c/r the turn? I think calling and leading makes little sense.

nineinchal 11-13-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not either a) raise the flop again and lead the turn or b) c/r the turn? I think calling and leading makes little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he has an ace, he may raise the my turn lead. Especially if he has a king or queen kicker or aces up.

JJH3984 11-13-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he has an ace, he may raise the my turn lead. Especially if he has a king or queen kicker or aces up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, won't he put in more action on the flop? Why don't you just threebet then c/r or b/3b when he fourbets?

nineinchal 11-13-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, won't he put in more action on the flop? Why don't you just threebet then c/r or b/3b when he fourbets?

[/ QUOTE ]

My read is that he may put in more action on the flop, but maybe not, since the Swami is very deceptive.

However, I have seen him cap the flop, and then take a freebie on the turn, so I ain't letting him do that, especially if he had AK, he would most likely raise my turn bet, with the deuce turn card.

3rdCheckRaise 11-13-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...or if you 3 bet the flop he may cap it thinking that you on the FD and raise you on the turn anyway. Openlimping on MP with 44 is pretty terrible, you did and got lucky, great! Now gas it and give your opponenet a chance to make as many mistakes as possible. This whole post seems to be one majot brag about how you outplayed drunk Swami and i hope that was a highlight of your session.

nineinchal 11-13-2007 03:22 PM

[quote This whole post seems to be one majot brag about how you outplayed drunk Swami and i hope that was a highlight of your session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says I outplayed him even though it sounds like I outplayed him?

KitCloudkicker 11-13-2007 03:24 PM

a little off topic, but i think its kinda funny how when he's drunk he can be pretty tricky and good lagtag and when he's sober he's a completely predictable fit or fold TAG.

drunk swami = -EV! (for the table)

3rdCheckRaise 11-13-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[quote This whole post seems to be one majot brag about how you outplayed drunk Swami and i hope that was a highlight of your session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says I outplayed him even though it sounds like I outplayed him?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...it sounds like you outcard him and in the proccess outplayed yourself.

nineinchal 11-13-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a little off topic, but i think its kinda funny how when he's drunk he can be pretty tricky and good lagtag and when he's sober he's a completely predictable fit or fold TAG.

drunk swami = -EV!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I was playing next table over from Swami this past Saturday, and he was drinking water. His stack was down to the felt.

That is very funny!!!

I'll tell him to suck down more Beck's as a helpful poker coach.