Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   OESFD OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544585)

z28dreams 11-12-2007 08:02 PM

Re: OESFD OOP

[ QUOTE ]
ohhh, so even if villain doesn't put another dime in on the river, we have odds to call? didn't do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If he flipped his cards over and showed a set, we should call. If he flipped his cards over and showed 2 pair, we should still call. If he showed us a straight we should fold.

Factoring all of these combinations together makes it an easy call.

derosnec 11-12-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think what he could have that he's calling a shove with:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

3,476 games 0.005 secs 695,200 games/sec

Board: 9s Jd Ts 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 43.714% 39.53% 04.19% 1374 145.50 { QsJs }
Hand 1: 56.286% 52.10% 04.19% 1811 145.50 { JcJh, JcJs, JhJs, TcTd, TcTh, TdTh, 9c9d, 9c9h, 9d9h, AcJc, AhJh, KcQc, KdQd, KhQh, QcJc, QhJh, QcTc, QdTd, QhTh, JcTc, JhTh, Jc9c, Jh9h, Tc9c, Td9d, Th9h, 87s, AcJh, AdJc, AdJh, AhJc, AsJc, AsJh, KcQd, KcQh, KdQc, KdQh, KhQc, KhQd, KsQc, KsQd, KsQh, QcJh, QcJs, QdJc, QdJh, QdJs, QhJc, QhJs, QcTd, QcTh, QdTc, QdTh, QhTc, QhTd, JcTd, JcTh, JhTc, JhTd, Jc9d, Jc9h, Jh9c, Jh9d, Tc9d, Tc9h, Td9c, Td9h, Th9c, Th9d, 87o }

[/ QUOTE ]

that is way too big of a range for someone who raises the turn at 50nl

Lego05 11-12-2007 08:05 PM

What in there do you think he's not raising? Maybe the AJ but that's really it I think.

Obviously any reads or stats would drastically help us to define a range for him. Got anything for us, OP?

TheChad 11-12-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one of my rules is to open shove into any size pot with any size stack with an OESFD. S

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty terrible if you actually mean that. So you would bet $52.40 into the $3.75 flop? That is really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I actually meant that. most of the time, it doesn't mean much. But we are ahead most of the time that we either take the pot right there, or we embrace a little variance and usually take down a monster. Plus, it confuses the hell out of ALL of your opponents (as long as you don't show when you aren't called).

edit: this is usually in a retardedly loose/agg game. sometimes I'll just grossly overbet the pot, sometimes crai. Then again, it's been a while since I've sat in a tight game.

derosnec 11-12-2007 08:07 PM

i guess the QT and and QJ hands. but rest of range looks good on second reading

Lego05 11-12-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea..they might not raise either. I think that this is pretty close. At the table I'm pretty sure I would always shove here.

TheChad 11-12-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea..they might not raise either. I think that this is pretty close. At the table I'm pretty sure I would always shove here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you would always shove here, how much FE do you think we really have?

Lego05 11-12-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you would always shove here, how much FE do you think we really have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really that much. But I don't think we need him to fold much to make it +ev. And I'll take the metagame aspect of if he folds don't raise my turn bet or else.....and if he calls you then people will see you 3bet the turn with a seemingly weakish hand.

A call might be better, but all of our outs are pretty obvious. Yea I like definitely just shove here especially since at the table I don't have a ton of time to think.

TheChad 11-12-2007 08:29 PM

lego, seems breakeven at best. I think overbetting the flop and shoving there would be better. Here, we have his stack if we check to him on the riv after hitting our gin card. meh.

TheChad 11-12-2007 08:31 PM

after all of this discussion, results?