Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL 100 So i decided to make a stand.. really bad? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544311)

Stonewalled 11-12-2007 03:40 PM

Re: NL 100 So i decided to make a stand.. really bad?

[ QUOTE ]
hero has plenty of equity and folds out maybe half of villains range. I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Dire 11-12-2007 03:55 PM

This is +EV. You have 7 outs + backdoor when called. So you only need around 2.5:1. If he open shoved the flop you'd be getting 2.33:1. So you don't need much FE for this to be +EV. I definitely don't think you're folding out half of villain's range, but even if he only folds unpaired overcards you show a profit.

So, it's fine.

kaby 11-12-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero has plenty of equity and folds out maybe half of villains range. I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold pf, but once you call i agree with this

gutshot + almost always an overcard + bd flush

btw i wouldn't be suprised if this (once you call pf which is obv -ev) would be +ev vs a 3betting range of TT+/AQ+ let alone a wider range with more unpaired cards on this flop

Unknown Soldier 11-12-2007 04:00 PM

bad hand to 4b with

sightless 11-12-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad hand to 4b with

[/ QUOTE ]

is it also a bad hand to call a 3bet?

kaby 11-12-2007 04:05 PM

btw a general question: there seem to be 3 counters to light 3betters

-4betting small
-calling and shoving over his cbets alot (this is awesome when he cbets too big or too much but not as good when he doesn't always cbet imho)
-4bet shoving Axs (and some other good hands to balance) pf

it seems like the first method puts the pressure on your opponent AND on you (once he 5bet shoves) ... you need to know how light he is 5bet shoving and that's very hard info to get (not alot of showdowns), so YOU are going to make mistakes too (not calling enough of his shoves or calling too light)

whereas the other two methods only put the pressure on your opponent, and the only info you need is 'he 3bets light' and/or 'he cbets too much', and that info is a lot easier to get, thus you will make less mistakes

thoughts?

Dire 11-12-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad hand to 4b with

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my favorite sort of hands to 4bet small, planning to fold with, because of combinatorics. You having an ace makes it slightly less likely that he has AK/AQ or some other hand he may be inclined to 5-bet shove with. Calling 3-bets with it can also get into some nasty spots when an ace flops.

I definitely agree it's a bad hand to 4-bet/call with.

Unknown Soldier 11-12-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad hand to 4b with

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah this is fine. would prefer btn/co, but go with your read

i think you might be priced in to call which is why i dont like 4b and would rather call, plus it has some decent value to it. i'd much rather have 86o if i'm 4b

Dire 11-12-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad hand to 4b with

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO - it's a bad hand to call a 3bet with primarily if you're folding flops like this. This is a much much more favorable flop than an ace high flop for this hand.

Dire 11-12-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you might be priced in to call which is why i dont like 4b and would rather call, plus it has some decent value to it. i'd much rather have 86o if i'm 4b

[/ QUOTE ]

A decent chunk of his 5-bet shoving range is going to be AK/AQ stuff - when 86 actually has more value than hero's hand. I mean against JJ-AA,AK,AQ as his 5-bet range, 86 has 29%, a3 has 30%. Give him a range of QQ-AA,AK,AQ and 86 actually has more equity than a3s.