Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Question about ITM percentage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544257)

Killingbird 11-12-2007 04:37 PM

Re: Question about ITM percentage

this is a realization I had recently as well. ITM was always around like 25%. But my ROI was hovering around 0% - 5%. I realized I was playing too conservatively on the bubble..making the money, but being shortstacked once the bubble bursts. I've changed that aspect of my game and in the short term my ITM is suffering, but I'm confident it will pay off with some big scores soon. Please?

Tragic 11-12-2007 04:51 PM

October Sky: It seems as though you are playing a survival style as opposed to an accumulating one. This is my problem as well. When you run "red hot" it can be very profitable, but if you run bad or even average this style gets you nowhere fast. I feel your pain although I was fortunate enough to experience the upside of variance for a brief spell where you clearly have not.

If anyone has any advice, examples and/or links to some articles for hopeless nitty schmucks like us it would be appreciated. I think it's hard for people like us to understand how to sacrifice 5% ITM for a big score, but we gladly would.

AceofSpades 11-12-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No good player has an ITM that high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running at 29% over 289 tournaments. But I'm pretty good at late game (and play micros $10-$26) so that might have a big difference. I've got a ROI of 109%. dunno, maybe I just run good...Of course I never play to survive...

Atg Dax 11-12-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No good player has an ITM that high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Thay3r ment it,more so for higher buy-ins, rather then small and micro ones.
And this can also be confirmed by seeing the ITM% of the top Leaderboard players.

AtgDax

Proofrock 11-12-2007 09:09 PM

It should also be noted that field size and satellite vs. non-satellite makes a difference.

For example, you would expect a higher ITM and lower ROI if you play mostly 2-table tournaments. Same should be true if you play a lot of satellites that award a large number of seats.

ianisakson 11-12-2007 09:09 PM

who cares about ITM anyway? ROI is all that matters when you look at a sample of poker tourneys.

AceofSpades 11-12-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If my ITM is just over 22% I should be doing better than just above break even over a 2 year period correct? This is really frustrating me why I am not doing better.

[/ QUOTE ]

over how many tourneys?

october sky 11-12-2007 10:30 PM

Thepokerdb has me at 927 tournaments. Good point about the sats.....I have been playing more of those lately but my ITM has always been 20-23%.

Sherman 11-13-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares about ITM anyway? $/Hour is all that matters when you look at a sample of poker tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

october sky 11-15-2007 12:20 PM

Is there such a thing as a 2+2 curse? I have not cashed in 14 straight tournaments since this post. I am only 3 way from my record of futility. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]