Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543592)

AceCR9 11-11-2007 01:47 PM

Re: weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here?

[ QUOTE ]
i would still push. if hes dumb enuf to make the call after you've seen his cards and STILL shoved, then he doesnt deserve $

[/ QUOTE ]

good2cu 11-11-2007 01:50 PM

I would just call and hope he shoves the turn. I play poker to win money and never play soft vs anyone.

lapoker17 11-11-2007 01:50 PM

no ethics involved really just shove - i mean wtf else can you have after that? i would probably laugh and say this is pretty sick for you or something. i would just be completely straightforward and not feel bad about any of it.

king_of_drafts 11-11-2007 01:57 PM

Unless you guys had a really good rapport and were planning to go clubbing after this or something, I don't understand why you wouldn't shove. Not to mention that if you softplay here it's a pretty slippery slope to collusion.

stephenNUTS 11-11-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take his money please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that
I agree and take his money w/o hesitation
Believe me...if you had the wheel,and he had the 56, I would bet my life he aint shippin' you a dime ,and he would go into a drunk "i didnt know/realize" BS ...or even lets run it two times rant.

No friends in my book here

mikech 11-11-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call and hope he shoves the turn. I play poker to win money and never play soft vs anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't softplay. but i also do NOT play poker just for the money. i play for competition as well, and when the playing field is not level, then i'm not beating someone fair-and-square, and that detracts from the satisfaction of competing.

king_of_drafts 11-11-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't softplay. but i also do NOT play poker just for the money. i play for competition as well, and when the playing field is not level, then i'm not beating someone fair-and-square, and that detracts from the satisfaction of competing.

[/ QUOTE ]

right but, first and foremost it's for the money right? Plus, he's the one that tilted the playing field in your favor. It's a mistake on his part.

hardkAre 11-11-2007 02:19 PM

exactly

Jackal69 11-11-2007 02:19 PM

show a 5 and push

mikech 11-11-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a mistake on his part.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you want to call an act of kindness a mistake.