Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Collusion at the World Poker Open? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543148)

Eagles 11-10-2007 08:55 PM

Re: Collusion at the World Poker Open?

This reminds me of a hand I played in the Fallsview main event.

These two guys were obviously friends and they talked about how they've known each other for years etc.

Anyways Old passive nit raises UTG his friend calls three seats away. Its a HU pot.

Flop is 953
They both insta check
Turn K they both insta check
River A they both insta check

UTG shows KK his friend shows JJ.

ActionJeff, duck and I sort of stare at each other like WTF, and sort of mention it and the guys are like He's the tightest player in the world he's not paying me off. We just sort of drop it at that point because teh guys are terrible and aren't playing many pots with each other and sutff.

Moneyball16 11-11-2007 12:06 AM

OP, it sounds like Williams is just a retard.

However in Eagles' situation I would have a problem.

durrrr 11-11-2007 12:07 AM

85-90% it wasn't (i was at the table)

raptor517 11-11-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think ur colluding with abbassi or whatever. i mean cmon 4 bet shoving 74o on him twice? seems like some kinda collusion to me.

kuelk420 11-11-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think ur colluding with abbassi or whatever. i mean cmon 4 bet shoving 74o on him twice? seems like some kinda collusion to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
aww..you two are so cute. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

shaniac 11-11-2007 03:50 AM

I saw more checks-in-the-dark on all streets during this tournament (which is the World Poker FINALS, not the World Poker "Open") than I have ever seen in one place before.

fatshaft 11-11-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, it sounds like Williams is just a retard.

However in Eagles' situation I would have a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]Eagles situation is pretty standard UK B&M play. If you don't see that at least once a night you're not looking.

Moneyball16 11-11-2007 06:22 AM

Are you talking about in cashgames? Im not sure whether softplaying in cash games when your headsup with a friend is ethical or not, but you cant softplay in a tournament. Maybe its just me but in Eagles situation when both guys are friends its seems like soft playing.

durrrr 11-11-2007 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1st hand i raise 74s old guy (not arty) calls flop q53 chk, i bet he calls turn 9ch/ch riv j (4diams on board) i bet he snapcalls q9 i flip up my 7high. thats the hand arty was referring to fishhhhh. and btw... it was 74s obv

Quagmyer 11-11-2007 08:04 AM

everyones just been watching too many episodes of high stakes poker and thinks its cool to check in the dark