Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Stock Picker Program (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542868)

kimchi 11-12-2007 09:34 AM

Re: Stock Picker Program

I neither know nor care whether the designers of a system can run it profitable or sell it more profitably.

As Richard Dennis said about his turtle system back in the day "I could publish a full page article in the NY Times explaining the rules to my system and still people would not be able to follow it" (paraphrased). - and his system was really simple, although perhaps somewhat advanced in its day.

Buying or designing a system that 'works' isn't rocket science. Using it, following the rules, and maintaining discipline and proper risk control is very difficult.

I believe most people would lose money trading a system that has been proven to be profitable.

stephenNUTS 11-12-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I neither know nor care whether the designers of a system can run it profitable or sell it more profitably.

As Richard Dennis said about his turtle system back in the day "I could publish a full page article in the NY Times explaining the rules to my system and still people would not be able to follow it" (paraphrased). - and his system was really simple, although perhaps somewhat advanced in its day.

Buying or designing a system that 'works' isn't rocket science. Using it, following the rules, and maintaining discipline and proper risk control is very difficult.

I believe most people would lose money trading a system that has been proven to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe most people would lose money trading one of these systems that has been "proven to be profitable"...lol.....even if they had TOMMORROWS newspaper [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

pig4bill 11-13-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

From some of the responses here, I wonder if you people have ever bought a stock in your life. There certainly seems to be a lot of systems experts here that have never used any systems.