Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Troy Williamson docked paycheck to attend grandmother's funeral (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542084)

Kneel B4 Zod 11-09-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Troy Williamson docked paycheck to attend grandmother\'s funeral

[ QUOTE ]
You are paid to play. He didn't play. Ergo he shouldn't be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of situations where guys get paid for not playing. most of them injury related, but still.

Doc Rivers just left his coaching job for a couple days to attend his dad's funeral. should the Celtics not pay him b/c he missed practice and the Toronto game?

areinitz 11-09-2007 12:20 PM

Who cares if he was docked pay, he makes millions, he can afford it.

tolbiny 11-09-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if my mother dies, almost anybody could take a week off

[/ QUOTE ]

If your taking a week off usually you are taking a weeks vacation time or you are not getting paid for that week.

New001 11-09-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of situations where guys get paid for not playing. most of them injury related, but still.

Doc Rivers just left his coaching job for a couple days to attend his dad's funeral. should the Celtics not pay him b/c he missed practice and the Toronto game?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that not paying him for however much time he missed is pretty reasonable.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-09-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that not paying him for however much time he missed is pretty reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more reasonable to treat the guy as a human being and cut him some slack b/c his Dad died.

ClarkNasty 11-09-2007 12:26 PM

This is the same franchise that had sex cruises.

New001 11-09-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more reasonable to treat the guy as a human being and cut him some slack b/c his Dad died.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'd say that I wouldn't expect compensation in his position. I'd certainly appreciate the hell out of it, but I wouldn't find it unreasonable.

MCS 11-09-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if my mother dies, almost anybody could take a week off

[/ QUOTE ]

If your taking a week off usually you are taking a weeks vacation time or you are not getting paid for that week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that most businesses will give you vacation time as part of your contract with them. And if they don't have paid vacation, they don't assume that your work only occurs on 16 specific days per year, even if those days are the most visible and pressure-filled ones.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-09-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares if he was docked pay, he makes millions, he can afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Based on his 2007 salary of $435,000, the action by the Vikings will cost the three-year veteran $25,588.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was also some bonus money he got, but this isn't Arod we're talking about

ClarkNasty 11-09-2007 12:44 PM

I find the idea that teams fine players for missing practices, in whole or in part, but also dock a full 1/16th pay for missing a game to be pretty inconsistent.