Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I think I'm only dealt JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541288)

KitCloudkicker 11-08-2007 01:54 PM

Re: I think I\'m only dealt JJ

[ QUOTE ]
Yea id call down. I think button has KJs AJs KQs ATs AKs AQs a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

good call. i missed that FD

i call down. i'm not worried about overcalling until the river is dealt.

jkamowitz 11-08-2007 02:11 PM

So I called the turn.

The river was Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I checked, utg bet and kid called

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I called the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now kid probably has TT. UTG has some random stuff. You're def good enough times to overcall.

Scary_Tiger 11-08-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I called the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now kid probably has TT. UTG has some random stuff. You're def good enough times to overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

n.s. 11-08-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about a threebet? "Decent player with scared money" seems like the type to do it against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in my experience, when a player like this gets this far with a hand that beats us, he's going to grit his teeth and call down. If he's decent, then he knows that the presence of the psycho means that OP could be making some kind of squeeze play.

I would just call down and only fold if the river goes bet-raise (especially if the river is a spade).

HOWMANY 11-08-2007 02:42 PM

nevermind. i think you should fold.

DeathDonkey 11-08-2007 03:09 PM

Holy balls never fold this ever. Turn 3 bet is appealing.

-DeathDonkey

sirlurkalot 11-08-2007 06:41 PM

It would be heroic if you raised the river, OTG called w/junk and decent folded his AQ.
However I'm guessing you overcalled, and some sick hand took it down.
So wha' 'appened???

jkamowitz 11-08-2007 07:10 PM

I like the idea of a turn 3-bet and it did cross my mind but I wasn't comfortable folding to utg's 4 bet and if button had spades he can't go anywhere and I'm in the same spot.

I ended up making a results oriented good fold on the river convinced on the turn that button had a spade draw or TT+, when the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the river and he called I obviously narrowed his hand to TT+ and he called the turn so fast that I was convinced I was beat.

I'm still unsure if this was a good/bad fold.

Utg yelled out "Ace!" and tabled AKo, I nearly knocked my chair over until the button turned over KK.

As always, thanks guys.

Nate. 11-08-2007 10:05 PM

jk--

I don't think you can fold this river. Button's play is too consistent with a draw on the turn. (For the same reason, don't 3-bet; he'll never fold and obviously although you're ahead of a draw your equity isn't enough to 3bet for value vs. their ranges.) Anyway, Button's calling range on the river includes a ton of hands you beat (pocket pairs that are also straight draws are fit his action very well, although other stuff does too), and UTG's betting range does too. If you want to make some sort of read, be my guest, but I don't see how that read can be a combinatorial one.

--Nate