Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   official end your downswing thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541036)

1dentifier 11-08-2007 06:41 AM

Re: official end your downswing thread

I'm not sure my tactic of playing omaha instead is a good idea.

Skleice 11-08-2007 09:35 AM

Just came out of a downswing in October...both running bad and playing bad. I've been reading tons of posts and analyzing every +EV line for playing each hand. Last night I played some of the best poker I've ever played...thanks 2+2!!! (insert ridiculous smile w/ thumbs up here).

rapidacid 11-08-2007 09:44 AM

Staying away from the tables & away from poker content for a period of time ... letting my conscious knowledge transform into subconscious knowledge to allow more room to consciously learn things

Ranger_Trivette 11-08-2007 09:55 AM

stop watching sammy farha play poker.

herbstl 11-08-2007 09:58 AM

start open pushing sooted cards

Ap0calypse 11-08-2007 10:05 AM

Playing your A game instead of trying to analyze every flop, hand, player, decision, avatar, timing tell, image, and save that [censored] for when you are finished your session. Make the best decision in the moment and remember that you got yourself to this level and variance has always affected you.

Burcak 11-08-2007 10:06 AM

Move down 2 levels, and play a style different than your usual.

klb. 11-08-2007 10:12 AM

I would say a break is by far the best thing to do, take some days of. Then come back with full confidence and crush. Oh, and don't feel sorry for yourself and blame it all on beats/coolers/running bad, if it's a downswing worth mentioning I'm almost possitive that you haven't played good all time. I have had severeal 15BI downswings and a 45k hand BE stretch, and none of these have been only due to running bad (ldo), instead I have tilted like [censored]. Like sbrugby would say, take responsibility for your results. Find the leak/leaks and eliminate it/them.

Hope it turns around, gl.

CybrPunk 11-08-2007 10:14 AM

I'm in the middle of the sickest downswing in my 2 years playing and was wondering the same so yesterday I just decided to take the day off from poker completely and get other things in order. I did things like clean a little around the house, spent time with friends and just generally avoided doing anything poker related for just one day. I feel that even just that one day really helped restore some of my sanity and clear my head so that I can focus on playing good again today.

In the days prior I found myself making a few bad calls, made one really bad preflop play and a few tilt induced raises and 3bets. When you find yourself doing these things as a result of being stuck, it is definitely time to step away from the computer and reevaluate.

sh58 11-08-2007 10:25 AM

move down and nit it up til you get your confidence back.

just wait for that glorious heater