Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Good Cigars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540937)

yeotaJMU 11-08-2007 12:40 AM

Re: Good Cigars

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of a box, get your cigar shop to make you up a sampler box. That way you get to try several and find some you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

best advice in thread

Carolina Pirate 11-08-2007 12:53 AM

didn't see one of the post above who talked about sample boxes....

seriously, pick up a sample box, that's what i do and it helps find a cigar that you will enjoy. who cares about the name and price. that will come in time as you weed out the bs

Fubster 11-08-2007 01:18 AM

Macanudos and Arturo Fuentes are always solid. Dannemans are good, too.

Sampler boxes are A+. Keep in mind that if you're getting a box and don't plan on smoking them all within a month, invest in a cheap in-box humidifier.

divides_by_zero 11-08-2007 01:22 AM

*is totally rocking the travel humidors from party poker lolwtfbbq*

O Fen�meno 11-08-2007 01:33 AM

www.jrcigars.com

divides_by_zero 11-08-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
www.jrcigars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead of you. Uncle introduced me to this site actually. Just really haven't had the money or place to smoke (dorms suck) to invest. Might actually pick up some smokes for cast party this weekend though, there's a tobbaco shop in Havard Square that has the Arturo Fuentes I like.

O Fen�meno 11-08-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
www.jrcigars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead of you. Uncle introduced me to this site actually. Just really haven't had the money or place to smoke (dorms suck) to invest. Might actually pick up some smokes for cast party this weekend though, there's a tobbaco shop in Havard Square that has the Arturo Fuentes I like.

[/ QUOTE ]
couldnt agree with you more about dorms sucking for smoking, i wanted to study and smoke yesterday but i cant smoke in my room or withing 30 feet of any building. i bought a 50 cigar humidor from them along with la finca - corona. they were only about $38 for 25 of the cigars and i like them alot

pokah5 11-08-2007 03:30 AM

the cigar thread in EDF is a good place to start.

Taso 11-08-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the cigar thread in EDF is a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as always, I'll recommend Rocky Patel, vintage 92's. My favorite cigar so far, runs about $8-9 per.

C-Dog 11-08-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every cigar shop has some cubans in the back. Slip "the man" a cool 10 spot and your good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not accurate. The fines are too huge to take risks like that for most Cigar Dealers. Just having a Cuban Cigar in your shop is like a 100000 fine. Being that we are in a time of war and all.