Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   These are the kind of plays you can make when you are good... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540881)

jonnyd 11-08-2007 09:08 AM

Re: These are the kind of plays you can make when you are good...

[ QUOTE ]
I like it alot. The short stack will most likely not come in against an utg raise and caller. Then you can play the pot in position with a decent hand. If the shorty shoves then we can reshove if utg just calls and race with the overlay, or if he moves in then easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol shortstack is going in with a whole lot of hands...
and reshoving and assuming a race is retarded and spew

FortunaMaximus 11-08-2007 09:37 AM

nh.

I might raise flop but turn's spew. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BarryLyndon 11-08-2007 11:17 AM

It's fine, every street. It's not special. Just a good solid float play with understanding of pot control + semi-bluff equity on the turn. You can do this even lighter, and I have a feeling sherman had a plan for that too.

Barry

Sherman 11-08-2007 11:55 AM

Ok, so I tried to fold PF. Of course I mis-clicked and hit call. The rest of the hand is pretty straight forward.

I get bored sometimes and just thought I'd post this "brilliant" play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

levAA 11-08-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I tried to fold PF. Of course I mis-clicked and hit call. The rest of the hand is pretty straight forward.

I get bored sometimes and just thought I'd post this "brilliant" play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - great post

ThePershore 11-08-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's fine, every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't mean pf...

I agree everything post flop is fine.

ZenMusician 11-08-2007 12:00 PM

Please, please post this on P5s and link us to all
the math and stuff they provide! kthanks!

-ZEN

BarryLyndon 11-08-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman,

Did you have a read on UTG or did you really misclick?

Barry

Sherman 11-08-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman,

Did you have a read on UTG or did you really misclick?

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I really misclicked. I wasn't paying much attention and had no real reads on anyone at the time.

Edit: FWIW, both Bismillahno and Markbris were online at the time and I told them about this thread. They posted knowing that I misclicked PF and b/c I thought they could make the thread more interesting by taking me seriously. Thanks Nick & Mark. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

markbris 11-08-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it alot. The short stack will most likely not come in against an utg raise and caller. Then you can play the pot in position with a decent hand. If the shorty shoves then we can reshove if utg just calls and race with the overlay, or if he moves in then easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv this reasoning makes no sense as the shorty will shove a ton of stuff here and reshoving if utg just calls is really bad as well. J2s sux obviously as well. I came up with this after I talked to sherman about the misclick and we decided it was good stuff to post and see what happened.