Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl - passive postflop line w/KK overpair... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540100)

Barrin6 11-06-2007 11:18 PM

Re: 200nl - passive postflop line w/KK overpair...

[ QUOTE ]
clear value bet vs QJ or Qx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. TT,99 are very unlikely for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't thinking ranges based on his actions. You are simply naming what hands will call there, and forgetting how small of that range is there.

snakekilla88 11-06-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clear value bet vs QJ or Qx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. TT,99 are very unlikely for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't thinking ranges based on his actions. You are simply naming what hands will call there, and forgetting how small of that range is there.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? So JQ/Qx/Tx does not make up a big part of his range?

Melchiades 11-06-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do we know he is going to checkraise? Seems well played on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well. I don't think this hand gets posted (and the info about the odds we will be getting if CR'ed) if villain just calls or folds, do you?

I like the riverbet though.

Casper05 11-06-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]agree with Barrin...QJ is the only hand that calls this river..and he might actually fold QJ

Ajahn 11-06-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would we be valuebetting that those hands can call?

Casper05 11-06-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? So JQ/Qx/Tx does not make up a big part of his range?

[/ QUOTE ]KQcc and QJcc are the only hands he *MIGHT* cc with OOP, right? I dunno how he plays I guess, but I dont think many Tx hands are in his range at all.

Casper05 11-06-2007 11:30 PM

and I really don't think a call with QJ there is good anyway

Fat Nicky 11-07-2007 12:35 AM

thx for the replies so far.

when he checked to me on the river, I was also thinking about what hands he put me on...I figured it looked like I was on a draw and may get looked up light on the river.

I wasn't sure if he'd play ATs/KTs/JTs this way. I also figured combo draws would be in his range as well (KJcc, KQcc, QJs.)

i was definitely surprised and dismayed when I got c/r'd

Chicago Twister 11-07-2007 01:56 AM

against a good player with infinite aggression, i like raising the turn here. raising the flop lets him get away without double barreling, and if we dont raise the turn the river frequently goes check-bet-fold even if he has a marginal made hand pike a PP. raise the turn small, like to 75-80 or so. this is a value bet, so take all the action

vancouverspecial 11-07-2007 02:26 AM

Your line looks weak so he's no expecting you to bet a river, so betting thin here may work. However, I really like your line when the river completely bricks. You should get looked up lighter on a brick IMO