Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539682)

gobbomom 11-06-2007 01:40 PM

Re: PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

I'm playing freerolls for the same reasons as the OP: you learn alot. I don't really want to play with money yet until I get better, but it does kinda suck that the fields are so big. Also, Qrawl, you are missing quite a few; Stars has about 6 a day, FT has 3 or so.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:43 PM

I'm in the US. What are the 6 I can play that don't require buyin fees (i.e. fpps)?

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get a paper route and deposit $10

[/ QUOTE ]

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:46 PM

Jimmy will play $10,000 poker tournaments but he won't even stake his own mother?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

Yeah, I know PokerStars doesn't owe me anything. Just wondering why they're so cheap. Would it really hurt them to throw a few crumbs to the Hubbles players, like maybe add $50 to the prize pool?

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

mine was directed toward both OP and Gobbomom [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ontario_Tory 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing freerolls for the same reasons as the OP: you learn alot. I don't really want to play with money yet until I get better, but it does kinda suck that the fields are so big. Also, Qrawl, you are missing quite a few; Stars has about 6 a day, FT has 3 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he knows about them (the Hubbles) - he's just looking for freerolls that pay cash instantly.

OP - Stars has plenty of freerolls, in my opinion, just you have to have a few FPP's to play 'em. For example, they have a few 10 FPP tourneys with a prize pool of $500 every night.

Then on Saturdays and Sundays there are tourneys for 50 FPPs with a $2000 prize pool.

It just means you have to collect some FPPs first.

You asked why we play at stars - the answer is pretty simple. They reward people that play at stars with freerolls. I can play - on Saturdays - a freeroll with a $20k prize pool. It doesn't have 10,000 clowns in it who have never played with any real money - it's got real players in it. (ok - it's got clowns who HAVE played with real money...)

OT

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know PokerStars doesn't owe me anything. Just wondering why they're so cheap. Would it really hurt them to throw a few crumbs to the Hubbles players, like maybe add $50 to the prize pool?

[/ QUOTE ]why? as you said they fill really fast as is...

Ontario_Tory 11-06-2007 01:50 PM

OP - you posted asking about freerolls that don't cost FPPs. I can't help you there - but the fact that they do cost a few FPPs is what makes them attractive to me.

The Full Tilt freerolls that fill up in 15 seconds used to make me crazy...

OT

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:51 PM

The trick to entering the FullTilt ones (when they had them) was just click Spacebar+Enter . No mouse needed