Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 I'm having trouble with JJ in 3 bet pots (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539540)

Suigin406 11-06-2007 09:42 AM

Re: NL100 I\'m having trouble with JJ in 3 bet pots

i think this is fine against an uknown, river doesn't look all that bluffy to me imo, obv we don't know if he takes this line with 99 TT, but again, it's fine

tony_montana 11-06-2007 09:45 AM

If you're even considering folding on this turn or river then just fold the flop. If you believe his range is that narrow then set mine and fold the flop. I'm not saying that is the correct play but it's certainly better than calling the flop and folding when nothing cards come out.

As played I call.

Why did you call the flop?

Beanos 11-06-2007 09:50 AM

The hand has good show down value, folding to further heat on turn or river doesn't make a flop call bad.

xeanatic 11-06-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're even considering folding on this turn or river then just fold the flop. If you believe his range is that narrow then set mine and fold the flop. I'm not saying that is the correct play but it's certainly better than calling the flop and folding when nothing cards come out.

As played I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bet's on the turn I can still be ahead on his range since he probably c-bets all weaker hands here.
If he than fires again on turn or river I feel his range has narrowed and now beats me, that's why I think it's not wrong to call and fold to further action.

tony_montana 11-06-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As played I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bet's on the turn I can still be ahead on his range since he probably c-bets all weaker hands here.
If he than fires again on turn or river I feel his range has narrowed and now beats me, that's why I think it's not wrong to call and fold to further action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the turn then?

xeanatic 11-06-2007 09:59 AM

nothing that we beat calls imo

TheGreenMile 11-06-2007 10:12 AM

so you call flop and don't plan on betting or calling another bet no matter what happens?

you are essentially extending your set mining. just fold flop.

1gotth3nuts 11-06-2007 10:13 AM

this could be a frustrated AKdd, but IMO its a good fold... a turn bet would be good but we'd be committing ourselves.. idn I like the fold as played

1gotth3nuts 11-06-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you call flop and don't plan on betting or calling another bet no matter what happens?

you are essentially extending your set mining. just fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever fold flop here

johnnyrocket 11-06-2007 10:39 AM

yea this is awful, i am absolutely firing this turn to push out high cards, if he trapped with a high PP good for him

as played this river bet looks like an absolute bluff, no way i am folding here