Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Thirddan's new log where he lifts things and eats things... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539476)

thirddan 11-10-2007 06:53 PM

Re: Thirddan\'s new log where he lifts things and eats things...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

+Pull Through - 70/80 - i really like these, they seem easy, but i am pretty gassed after them

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you focusing more on glutes/hams or lower back? These look like a really good exercise.

Also, how stupid did you look doing them?

[/ QUOTE ]

glutes, honestly i dont' really feel it in my lower back...but if you really squeeze when you come up you can feel it in the hams/butt...

i imagine i look like a retard to the bench/curl guys, but whatever...i think they look retarded too so the world remains even [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thirddan 11-12-2007 02:14 PM

saturday workout...didnt have time to write it up then...
typically my saturday workout is a day to do whatever i want, but i've decided to make it more a cardio/complex/interval miserable day...

about 15 single power clean/front squat/push press combos @ 135lbs - i separate the clean and squat cuz i can't do them together...

3-5 sets of 3-5 reps for the following bb complex @ 95lbs
RDL + 2 rows + hang clean + push press + forward lunge (each leg) + 5 calf raise + push press...

some hang snatches - never done these with a barbell, but it was new and kinda fun, don't think i went higher than 95lbs and didn't really keep track of reps, just experimenting...

8 min of bike sprints - 30s on and 30s off
8 min of bike sprints - 30s on 1 min off

might add this to the end of a couple workouts a week, we will see...

thirddan 11-13-2007 05:16 AM

Workout A Week 2- 4 sets of 5 reps w/ 60s between sets

+Conventional Deadlift - 275
+Back Squat - 185 (my boxers were safe today)
+DB Flat Bench - 75 (4+1 on the last set)
+DB Hammer Curl - 40/45/40/40 (can probably do 42.5 for all)
+Standing Calf Raises - 250

decided to do a 4minute tabata on the bike after i was done because im [censored] retarded...after the first two minutes it was more like pedaling in mud than actually sprinting...

thirddan 11-13-2007 05:20 AM

actually went to costco and prepared some food for the week...

i'll probably be going to the gym at night for a while, cuz my roommate, a notorious old school poster here, is going to join me and start lifting.

9am - either tilapia + protein/fruit shake or egg white omelette with lots of veggies (depends on how long i have to prepare before work)

1pm - chili mix > kidney/pinto beans, lean ground turkey, mixed peppers, tomato, corn, lime juice, some piece of fruit

5pm - chicken breast with mixed veggies

8pm - something, today it was a metabolic drive bar (but will probably be a protein shake before i workout)

10pm - gym - half serving surge or protein shake

1am - tonight was a can of tuna w/ 1tbsp olive oil and some veggies left over from cooking...

sleep will be two zma pills (2/3 serving) and some fish oil...multivitamin in the morning...

im not really counting cals, but will see what happens with my weight and mirror results...if during the day i get hungry i will usually eat some beef jerky or a piece of fruit...

Michael Davis 11-13-2007 06:52 AM

I'm in such bad shape, I don't want to eff your schedule, if mornings work better for you than go for it. I'll be leaving the gym a good hour or so before you do anyways...

-Michael

thirddan 11-13-2007 02:45 PM

mike, im only at the gym for about 75min...

Michael Davis 11-13-2007 05:07 PM

Statement stands. I lasted about 20 yesterday after warming up. I was ready to pass out, as I am at the end of all my workout sessions. It's sort of a problem, possibly it's just motivation. Anyways, end hijack.

-Michael

thirddan 11-13-2007 05:23 PM

"Anyways, end hijack"

heh, this thread sucks, it will probably go for like two more days before i decided not to do it anymore cuz there is no interest and i have pieces of paper that tell me the same thing...