Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   So I guess Stars isn't asking to show hole cards at FT's anymore. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538399)

LuckyLloyd 11-05-2007 09:52 AM

Re: So I guess Stars isn\'t asking to show hole cards at FT\'s anymore.

Meh, if I ever get my "one time" online in the Million I won't care that everyone can now see how much of a donk I really am.

TheEye 11-05-2007 01:31 PM

Stupid imo.

I mean live they get all these television rights and stuff so its ok to be doing it, but why expose styles of play over the net?!

Online poker is becoming ridiculous, a good observant(datamining, etc.) can be a bigger winner than a good player nowadays!

shaniac 11-05-2007 01:36 PM

seems totally wack to me, but I'll still keep trying to make a Sunday million FT.

gobboboy 11-05-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a good observant(datamining, etc.) can be a bigger winner than a good player nowadays!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

craigthedeac 11-05-2007 03:21 PM

Lame.

If I want to play like a donk at a final table, I should be able to without everyone knowing.

Nichlemn 11-05-2007 03:37 PM

Obviously, the trick is to play awfully at the final table so everyone carefully watching you gets horribly inaccurate data on you! Surely worth sacrificing 100k+ for.

KneeCo 11-05-2007 03:49 PM

This is rid stupid. I posted why a couple of weeks ago or so in a couple of the WCOOP replay FT threads.

Exitonly 11-05-2007 04:58 PM

not a big deal, imo.

Zetack 11-05-2007 06:18 PM

My outrage is inversely proportional to my chances of making the final table of the sunday million.

So I'm pretty much ready to hoist the jolly roger and go pillaging amongst their women and children...

shaniac 11-05-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a big deal, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think its kind of wrong to tack on this requirement without giving anything in return to the players? What's the basis for being forced to reveal your hole cards in an online final table? Obviously it's a great marketing attraction for the site, so it'd be nice if they gave us something in return. Certainly they don't have to, and, since they hold all the strings, probably won't. In any case, it seems uncharacteristic and unfair of Stars to implement this sort of thing, and it doesn't sit well with me.