Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   400NL flush on two pair board - bet river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538041)

Vinetou 11-06-2007 12:23 PM

Re: 400NL flush on two pair board - bet river?

He pushed on the river. I was steaming because he sucked out and couldn't force myself to fold. I am an idiot. I called. He had A7.

xSCWx 11-06-2007 12:31 PM

This brings up a new question: Do we raise A7 on the turn here with Ac? Without Ac?

KexChoklad123 11-06-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a reckless bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He is paying me off a lot here, with any overpair, 9, of course hands that he beats me with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
River bet is my only consideration. Villain has a little calling station tendencies against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand so far, fold if raised unless you catch some Patrik Antonius ultra read that he is bluffing

creedofhubris 11-06-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This brings up a new question: Do we raise A7 on the turn here with Ac? Without Ac?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much value to raising, opponent's line is very very strong.

MasterLJ 11-06-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He pushed on the river. I was steaming because he sucked out and couldn't force myself to fold. I am an idiot. I called. He had A7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think you can fold river... what was it like $260 more or so? That's a lot of BBs and you are ahead just about never.

Vinetou 11-07-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think you can fold river... what was it like $260 more or so? That's a lot of BBs and you are ahead just about never.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was silly to call. I was just steaming because he sucked out.

xSCWx 11-07-2007 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still undecided. With A7 the only hands to really be scared of are the flush, 99, 22. The 22 probably isn't standard to reraise preflop, and if hero had Ac it would severely limit the amount of hands that have a flush.

Shouldn't the strong line from the villain (meaning Vinetou) imply he has a ton of hands in his range that are strong, yet way behind and will pay off?

Vinetou 11-07-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still undecided. With A7 the only hands to really be scared of are the flush, 99, 22. The 22 probably isn't standard to reraise preflop, and if hero had Ac it would severely limit the amount of hands that have a flush.

Shouldn't the strong line from the villain (meaning Vinetou) imply he has a ton of hands in his range that are strong, yet way behind and will pay off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was caught checkraise bluffing before so if I were villain here and I would have A7, I would probably slowplay, especially if I had the Ac.

creedofhubris 11-07-2007 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a superobvious scare card, and if we make a commitment-level raise after he's betting flop + turn hard then it's pretty obvious that we're not bluffing.

I'd fold pretty much anything that wasn't a flush to a big raise, wouldn't you? I would feel sick about calling a raise with a low flush as well.