Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I play like a girl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536805)

HerbieGRD 11-02-2007 01:35 PM

Re: I play like a girl

Also you lose some value when he's making a retarded 3 way bluff with total air that he would 3 barrel if you just call but I don't think it's enough to make calling the turn superior to raising it

Oink 11-02-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also you lose some value when he's making a retarded 3 way bluff with total air that he would 3 barrel if you just call but I don't think it's enough to make calling the turn superior to raising it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I like waiting for the river.

If he has a huge bluff donk range I dont want to let him get away already on the turn. And these idiots usually 3 barrel so raising on the river will make him 3 barrel but still get that value out of a pp or if he paired up. Also, the longer we wait with raising the higher the probability he picks up a pair with his K high bluff.

I didnt mention what to do if he 3-bets the river but I hope I will be able to fold. Altho it will be tough in the heat of the moment. But I do like raise folding more on the river than on the turn. Cant explain why tho

Tryptamean 11-02-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I do like raise folding more on the river than on the turn. Cant explain why tho

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I always think about raise/folding on the river as safer because you have no outs on the river. I still like raise/calling the turn because he will chicken out and c/c Ax or sometimes his pp on the river when he might call down from the turn. I think an unknown is more likely to spew on the turn with a flush draw or whatever because he thinks you might be re-bluffing him and he knows he has outs anyway...

meh I duno its close, but there def should be a raise somewhere and never any folding

Oink 11-02-2007 04:24 PM

Agree on the raise somewhere part. I also think it should be on turn or river

istewart 11-02-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nh

If I raise anywhere its on the river when a SD is cheaper to reach for his pp's, its easier for me to fold to a 3-bet and my line looks the most like BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but if your line looks like BS, that makes it harder to fold to a 3-bet vs. some donk.

Oink 11-02-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nh

If I raise anywhere its on the river when a SD is cheaper to reach for his pp's, its easier for me to fold to a 3-bet and my line looks the most like BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but if your line looks like BS, that makes it harder to fold to a 3-bet vs. some donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I need to remember that