Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   600: I Know We All Hate It But.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536797)

CalledDownLight 11-02-2007 12:24 PM

Re: 600: I Know We All Hate It But..

[ QUOTE ]
i'd go broke on both

[/ QUOTE ]

agree...you can make an argument for hand 2, but I think you need to stack off in hand 1 100% of the time.

KurtSF 11-02-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd go broke on both

[/ QUOTE ]

agree...you can make an argument for hand 2, but I think you need to stack off in hand 1 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a lot said and I don't have much to add. Agree with this statement.

Hand 1 I go broke faster as I shove over on the flop, hand two it takes longer as I fistpump and call the turn, then decide MHIG on the river and call his bet. I have a problem being too passive on the turn though.

And since no one else said it, I hate preflop in both hands.

whorasaurus 11-02-2007 02:11 PM

a good argument can be made for folding the first one, but the way the second one was played, stack off all day.

PenguinExpress 11-02-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a good argument can be made for folding the first one, but the way the second one was played, stack off all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the exact opposite. Assuming a good regular is raising TT 100% of the time preflop, you're only losing to one hand in Hand 1, and there are straight and flush draws on the board.

That said, I think I go broke in both hands, unless villain in Hand 2 is an ubernit.

Oh yeah, and definitely raise Hand 1 preflop.

speedyg 11-02-2007 02:21 PM

As others have said, go broke on 1 (assuming the mp2 guy folds after the bb check-3bets the flop). BB's hand range is too large to fold your set.

Second hand is much closer.

D.L.M. 11-02-2007 02:39 PM

No offense qtip cause i think you are a good player. But maybe you shouldnt play 600nl for a If you even had to start this thread. You may find that you are donating to rediculously good players and the few fish arent worth the trouble.

QTip 11-02-2007 03:17 PM

None taken. There are more lots of fish at 3/6. My winrate has dropped severely there after a pretty nasty downswing. However, I still have 21k hands there at 1.43ptbb/100. This biggest thing tho, is that I know I'm good there.

QTip 11-02-2007 03:24 PM

To expand on that, in the afternoon many times the 3/6 games are better than the 1/2 games. About 10 minutes ago, I got all in with a guy PF who had Q8o. I had AKs, he caught a Q and won...but the point is the same. You get about none of that at 1/2 in the afternoon....just a bunch of us playing 24 tables is all.

D.L.M. 11-02-2007 03:49 PM

The real talent makes you think that you are better than them for as long as possible. (no blunty im not talking about you =). Seriously im not doubting you can beat the game just saying 24 tables of 1/2 might make mo money is all.

Albert Moulton 11-02-2007 03:57 PM

Hand 1 - Villain might have a lot of big draws with which he might be willing to push on this flop, not just 44 or TT. and TT might have raised preflop a good amount of the time. So, I think I'd push in hand 1 and pay off TT or 44 if he happens to have it.

Hand 2- If you don't want to play bottom set OOP for your stack, then fold 22-55 in EP preflop. It would have been fine to just fold preflop instead of limp. Once you limp/call and flop a set, I would have led at the flop for 3/4 pot and taken it from there. As played to the turn, however, I might have found a fold if I had a read on BB as being tight post flop. After all, I can't see what he'd cold call with preflop, then check with on the flop and turn, only to wake up with a big c/r on the tuurn that doesn't beat bottom set. 2-pair seems unlikely. With 1-card to go, a big combo-draw seems unlikely for BB to play for c/r. So, it looks a lot like a higher set (like 44, which would have folded if you'd led at the flop), or even a hand like 57s for a straight.