Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold'em? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536092)

zethro 11-01-2007 02:06 PM

Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

With the rake the way it is I plan on moving over to NL for a while now. Shneids has said the same thing as Oink, it really makes no sense to grind out the bankroll at small stakes limit.

Before the legislation I easily made my way up to 3/6 through all of the really good bonuses and a good prop deal. Now I am trying to just grind the FTP low stakes games and it is a lot harder then before. Without the great bonuses and good prop deals it is pretty hard.

zacd 11-01-2007 02:25 PM

this thread is depressing to someone who would like to learn to play LHE better and rather not drop bets at 5/10 right away. but then again i guess learning does not equal building.

Palomino 11-01-2007 02:30 PM

If you have a good rb deal, bonii, etc you can still make a good chunk of change playing lower limit 6 max. If you don't have these, then don't play 3/6 or lower. Even the best players have trouble beating these games because of the rake.

Here's my opinion on why 6 max is better. Lets say you have 2 big fish at a table. It is so much easier to extract money from them shorthanded rather than at a full ring table. Isolation is a great thing, use it...and it's a lot easier to do shorthanded.

Absolution 11-01-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a good rb deal, bonii, etc you can still make a good chunk of change playing lower limit 6 max. If you don't have these, then don't play 3/6 or lower. Even the best players have trouble beating these games because of the rake.

Here's my opinion on why 6 max is better. Lets say you have 2 big fish at a table. It is so much easier to extract money from them shorthanded rather than at a full ring table. Isolation is a great thing, use it...and it's a lot easier to do shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I find it easier to make money when I can stay awake.

StellarWind 11-01-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People banging their heads on the wall playing 1/2 6max should really consider alternative ways of gaining the bankroll to play 5/10+.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is terrible advice for aspiring shorthanded LHE players.

If you can't beat the lower games (higher rake and all) you will probably be destroyed when you reach 5/10 6-max.

If for some reason you are an experienced and successful 5/10 player without an adequate bankroll then micro-NL might be a better way for you to get $3K. But in that case you would already know what you can do and don't need my advice.

Oink 11-01-2007 07:08 PM

Well Stellarwind. That wasnt exactly what I meant.

I agree completely.

You shouldnt jump straight into 5/10 without experience.

I guess I was referring more to players who can hold their own in an aggressive game but just dont quite crush LHE 1/2 - which there is no shame in at all.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-01-2007 07:59 PM

shhhhh. Please let them go straight to 5-T? I need rentz

johnnyrocket 11-01-2007 08:07 PM

the fish flock to 6 max and more hands per hour=more money

kimchi 11-01-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I believe that low stakes 6max LHE like 1/2 to 3/6 are fairly tough to beat because of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which site do you play most of your games on? Some rooms pay back close to 100% of your rake at the low limits in the form of bonus+rb. This drops off considerably as you move to 5/10 and beyond. If you're playing almost rake-free then these extras will build your roll in no time.

lubenica47 11-01-2007 08:26 PM

where do you see all this 100% rake return with bonuses and rb? pm pls