Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Steve Badger's advice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535908)

holdemsucks 11-01-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Steve Badger\'s advice

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you have a need from 2+2 posters to acknowledge the "greatness" of Steve Badger?

[/ QUOTE ] I do not have a need from 2+2 posters to acknowledge the "greatness" of Steve Badger. That was not my intention. My intention was to discuss that webpage.

[ QUOTE ]
What`s in it for you?

[/ QUOTE ] Stupid question. If 'it' is the webpage, then the advice is in it for me.

Flip-Flop 11-01-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What`s in it for you?

[/ QUOTE ] Stupid question. If 'it' is the webpage, then the advice is in it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it can sound like a stupid question to someone incapable of understanding it.

Then again, the reason could also be that English is my 4th language.
I`m first to admit that it usually takes a pretty high IQ in order to decipher some of my English posts.

<font color="green">Let's try to keep egos out of the discussion, all right? I don't want to do heavy editing here, or to lock this thread (or any thread). I don't see the opening post or the thread as about Steve Badger or holdemsucks or flip flop. It's about what is a winning style of play. Let's stick to that issue and not worry about who is smart or what someone's motive is for posting. - Buzz</font>

Perestroika 11-01-2007 08:42 PM

Steve Badger's logic seems to hinge solely on one major assumption...opponents can always put him on the strongest of hands in EP. This has to be the assumption he is making, because 3579 in position should not be able to eat up AAKK. He is assuming that our pf range is so narrow that you can decipher our holdings easily. If this assumption is accepted as true, then maybe you should be dumping every hand UTG. Or, you can open your range in EP to include hands that are not the top 10% and therefore make it much more difficult for 3579 to dominate you.

wazz 11-01-2007 09:23 PM

It's true in the sense of 'if you can't win out of position don't play out of position.' Sort of like game selection on a hand-by-hand basis.

RoundTower 11-02-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I Comparing full ring, live game PLO from the 90s to 6 max internet play online, is well, insert your own metaphor for very different things. What is the point, is that unlike holdem, there are very many winning styles of PLO, so if it works for you, [censored] 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
these two sentences go together pretty well. Even if you sucked really really bad you could make money in whatever full ring live game 10 years ago, if you played tight and didn't tilt much. So the guys who played tight and didn't tilt much thought they were gods and wrote books and articles about how this is the way to beat PLO. With tougher games it turns out most of these guys are morons who got lucky enough to play in an aquarium.

Big Dave D 11-02-2007 08:11 AM

I guess my fears were justified. If you read my post properly, you will see that it is mostly supportive of Badger. As to your post on another thread about Ribbo, well I've "known" him longer than you, I suspect.

gl

bdd

Troll_Inc 11-02-2007 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I Comparing full ring, live game PLO from the 90s to 6 max internet play online, is well, insert your own metaphor for very different things. What is the point, is that unlike holdem, there are very many winning styles of PLO, so if it works for you, [censored] 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
these two sentences go together pretty well. Even if you sucked really really bad you could make money in whatever full ring live game 10 years ago, if you played tight and didn't tilt much. So the guys who played tight and didn't tilt much thought they were gods and wrote books and articles about how this is the way to beat PLO. With tougher games it turns out most of these guys are morons who got lucky enough to play in an aquarium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to sack up and name names and make the thread interesting?

pete fabrizio 11-02-2007 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my fears were justified. If you read my post properly, you will see that it is mostly supportive of Badger. As to your post on another thread about Ribbo, well I've "known" him longer than you, I suspect.

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this meant to imply that you two were lovers? I mean, I'm cool with homosexuality, but PLO forum incest is just ew.

Big Dave D 11-02-2007 09:43 AM

Have you seen what we both look like? That is a pretty repulsive coupling indeed. My " " were short hand for Internet known and not real life known. Not biblical known.

gl

bdd

holdemsucks 11-02-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, Badger wrote for a game that almost everyone who posts here has never played. Comparing full ring, live game PLO from the 90s to 6 max internet play online, is well, insert your own metaphor for very different things.

[/ QUOTE ] At PartyPoker, all possible games are played up to 10-handed. In fact, I've never played 6 max PLO.

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't help that badger exaggerates to make his point.

[/ QUOTE ] How does he exaggerate?