Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TT UTG squeezed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535546)

Chicago Twister 10-31-2007 05:58 PM

Re: TT UTG squeezed

[ QUOTE ]
and when he bets 30 on every god damn flop you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the beauty of implied odds. You can fold unless you get there then play some poker, and that's enough to be +EV. If you had implied odds pre. If you don't have implied odds, you're totally screwed.

If you know your opponent well enough to know when he is weak on what flops, then you can check-raise him and win a nice pot every now & then. If you know him well enough to know when youre TT is best then you can win the occasional huge pot by taking a fairly passive line. But all of this is gravy on top of the set value of your hand because you had implied odds pre.

mathemagician54 10-31-2007 06:37 PM

your implied odds are not nearly as good as they seem given that you have poor position WRT squeezer if you are assuming that he's going to bet the majority of flops (which may or not be true)

bilbo-san 10-31-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the beauty of implied odds. You can fold unless you get there then play some poker, and that's enough to be +EV. If you had implied odds pre. If you don't have implied odds, you're totally screwed.

If you know your opponent well enough to know when he is weak on what flops, then you can check-raise him and win a nice pot every now & then. If you know him well enough to know when youre TT is best then you can win the occasional huge pot by taking a fairly passive line. But all of this is gravy on top of the set value of your hand because you had implied odds pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...um...you don't really understand implied odds. You've read too much Phil Gordon, I suspect.

TRD23 10-31-2007 07:42 PM

Is there a reason you automatically assume " is clearly a weakish hand looking to outplay with position postlfop and stuff."?

Fold and feel ok about it.

nazahl 10-31-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain is good we are ahead of his squeezing range we dont need implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but if villain is good, its not like hes just gonna cbet and give up if he gets called on the flop.

grando 10-31-2007 07:56 PM

I fold - it's one of those hands where you hit a good flop like 15% of the time, and he gets you off a better hand a significant portion of the time post-flop

nice game selection

manupod 10-31-2007 08:09 PM

Prob easier to just fold- if we think we're ahead, get in in PF, and if not, TT may as well be 22 here and that's a fold. Although I think it's close. But with 22 I'm sure I can fold the flop a lot easier than I can with TT (on say a 963 flop) so to avoid [censored] spots where I talk myself into a losing call, I'd ditch it pf.

SABR42 10-31-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prob easier to just fold- if we think we're ahead, get in in PF, and if not, TT may as well be 22 here and that's a fold. Although I think it's close. But with 22 I'm sure I can fold the flop a lot easier than I can with TT (on say a 963 flop) so to avoid [censored] spots where I talk myself into a losing call, I'd ditch it pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
TT is not even close to 22 here.

mathemagician54 10-31-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TT is not even close to 22 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? i actually agree with him here, you are playing for set value. If you cold call BB's cbet on that board you will get squeezed out a lot by SB (and if you dont you are still likely behind BB's range). and that's about the best board you can ask for.

if you've seen him squeeze before i think other lines are viable, but readless i think its a pretty easy fold

ikestoys 10-31-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you bone him? srsly, this is very exploitable.