Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are the top pros worth? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535500)

grando 10-31-2007 05:49 PM

Re: What are the top pros worth?

in before "a cool million"

Feltin Licter 10-31-2007 05:54 PM

You do understand that most of these guys sell off most the action

sneaks619 10-31-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do understand that most of these guys sell off most the action

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, which is why i agree with BA and TC's statements about what poker players are really worth, But i think with this lineup, that most but not all can afford to play at these stakes,

stephenNUTS 10-31-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i don't think there are all that many poker players that call themselves pros who are worth more than a ONE million.
the guys that have the real money are the guys who have great business' as well deals (hellmuth), pieces of the online poker sites, or to a lesser extent, play regularly with the super wealthy in private games.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I would even take a shot betting the UNDER on that assumption.There are WAAAY too many naive estimations of a poker players networth based on internet BS they hear,or want to believe based on poker earnings alone IMO

SF [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

PLO8FaceKilla 10-31-2007 06:25 PM

Brad Booth is worth approximately 1 million "cool millions"

He is a very rich man, ladies and gentlemen.

Actually you might be intersted in knowing that i watched this "High Stakes Poker" tv show one time and actually watched mr. Brad Booth buy into said tv show with a Cool Million.

DefiNe 10-31-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Doyle is saying that to make even more hype around the show, even though it's the truth for some of them

Lineup:
Antonio Esfandiari <- I'd guess about $2-3 mill
Sam Farha <- Probably worth $10 mill+
David Benyamine <- -$$$
Patrik Antonius <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Guy Laliberté <- billionaire
Jamie Gold <- PROBABLY worth $10 mill+
Doyle Brunson <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Barry Greenstein <- Probably worth $10 mill+

BR is another case, I'd say people have action (40%+) in David Benyamine (who in this lineup!?), Barry Greenstein and Antonio Esfandiari

Comments are welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonio Esfandiari <- I'd think has 0% of himself here.
Sam Farha <- DEFINITELY? worth $10m+
David Benyamine <- Already on PA's stake by the time this was filmed?
Patrik Antonius <- Probably worth $10m+
Guy Laliberté <- Billionaire
Jamie Gold <- Most definitely NOT worth $10m wtf? where would he have gotten it from
Doyle Brunson <- Net-worth of $10m+ prob but I would def. think he's no-where near rolled for any of his gambling.
Barry Greenstein <- Same as Doyle

Mothercanuck 10-31-2007 06:45 PM

youll never4 know because you will never find out about investments they make outside of poker.

n2p 10-31-2007 06:47 PM

everyone underestimates how much gamble these guys have with their net worth, and overestimate their worth/earnings

ArmenH 10-31-2007 06:55 PM

Didn't "BloodsweatandTears" Say that in order to play comfortably you need 100 buy ins. 500k x 100 = 500million BR. I guess everyone is under rolled for this game besides Guy Laliberte. Doyle is right!

stephenNUTS 10-31-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Doyle is saying that to make even more hype around the show, even though it's the truth for some of them

Lineup:
Antonio Esfandiari <- I'd guess about $2-3 mill
Sam Farha <- Probably worth $10 mill+
David Benyamine <- -$$$
Patrik Antonius <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Guy Laliberté >> billionaire
Jamie Gold <- PROBABLY worth $10 mill+
Doyle Brunson <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Barry Greenstein <- Probably worth $10 mill+

BR is another case, I'd say people have action (40%+) in David Benyamine (who in this lineup!?), Barry Greenstein and Antonio Esfandiari

Comments are welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

The above player in bold,is the ONLY player that is 100% accurate.I cannot even fathom how any of these other estimates were obtained,accurate,or verified?

As stated by Doyle,...Guy is the ONLY one that should truly be putting up this kind of money/can afford to play these stakes next week on HSP

I would agree with his opinion as well [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]