Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Squats and Deadlifts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535281)

thirddan 10-31-2007 01:10 PM

Re: Squats and Deadlifts

[ QUOTE ]
So, Should I alternate between DL adn RP?

[/ QUOTE ]i sometimes do rack pulls on my deadlift days...begin the day w/ full deads and end with rack pulls...

AZK 10-31-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, Should I alternate between DL adn RP?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no reason to alternate. You may want to throw in RPs instead of DLs every so often to keep things mixed up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I meant.

.Alex. 10-31-2007 03:53 PM

Don't think this is worth it's own thread so I'll just ask here. What's the best way to stop giant callouses from forming on my hands after DLs? After just a couple of reps, my skin starts peeling and all that fun stuff. It never has enough time to heal before my next workout at this point, so my skin is constantly rough and blistery in those parts. Given than my school gym apparently doesn't allow chalk, should I get gloves, adjust my grip, or just suck it up and deal with it?

This is a big part of the reason why I am the exact opposite as the OP in my preference.

thirddan 10-31-2007 03:59 PM

gloves will reduce the callouses, but have their own set of problems...difficulty w/ gripping and increasing bar cirumference...

theblackkeys 10-31-2007 04:00 PM

grip it more in the fingers, cuz it will slide down there anyways. The sliding is mostly what is tearing your hands up, but they will probably still get messed up anyways. Also, get a callus file so you don't build up a bunch of dead skin and exacerbate the problem.

oneeyejak 10-31-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just suck it up and deal with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Burdzthewurd 10-31-2007 04:42 PM

Ugh I hate doing deadlifts at my gym with no Olympic platform, what with having to load all the weights on the ground [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jeff W 10-31-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given than my school gym apparently doesn't allow chalk, should I get gloves, adjust my grip, or just suck it up and deal with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is b.s. Buy your own and chalk your hands on the sly.

Northern 10-31-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grip it more in the fingers, cuz it will slide down there anyways. The sliding is mostly what is tearing your hands up, but they will probably still get messed up anyways. Also, get a callus file so you don't build up a bunch of dead skin and exacerbate the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

blackkeys, so I take it that lowering your grip on the bar helped you.

theblackkeys 10-31-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blackkeys, so I take it that lowering your grip on the bar helped you.

[/ QUOTE ]
somewhat