Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Call I had to make not 20 minutes ago (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535106)

Leibniz 10-31-2007 05:27 AM

Re: Call I had to make not 20 minutes ago

[ QUOTE ]
the incorrectly dealt turn and river cards should be placed back into the deck, the deck shuffled, and then a new turn and river card be dealt without burning any cards in between.

[ QUOTE ]
The only card that dealt prematurely was the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I misread the original action. In that case, it is even more of a standard situation to deal with and should have been handled correctly.

mod note: fixed a quote to make this post easier to read. -RR

pococurante 10-31-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you're saying that the regular flipped up his cards, showed the drunk guy that he had the nut flush with the river card that's actually the turn card, and the drunk guy pushed all in with 1 pair knowing he was drawing dead?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the drunk didn't see the exposed cards (since he thought his two pair won).

pococurante 10-31-2007 05:51 AM

Leibniz obv has the correct answer, and I especially agree that the OP should have dealt with this calmly. Your job is to deal with idiots without getting emotional, there's zero reason some cursing drunk tard should be getting to you.

Anyway, the end result seems just fine. No way are they not getting the money in by the river in the original hand. Then in the re-deal, the drunk volunteered to go all in.

BubbleMint 10-31-2007 07:43 AM

Absolutely shocking decsion, it seems probbaly the worst course of action was taken.

The turn was dealt correctly, there now has to be action on the turn, so the burn pre river card being dealt stays, shuffle the river card back in, and now deal a river.

You admit you made a mistake which is all well and good, but the magnitude of the mistake after being a floor for 4 years is shocking.

Mr Rick 10-31-2007 08:59 AM

Turn stays, river gets re-dealt after turn action. But you know that now.

I give you credit for bringing this up. However, regardless of how drunk and obnoxious somebody is, they deserve a fair shake. Thats why I think you might want to reconsider the "I'm comfortable with what happened" position. The more comfortable you are with it, the more likely you will do something like that again.

jeffnc 10-31-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why am I comfortable? If the [censored] would of shut up I would of made the correct decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you comfortable? I don't get it. It's "would have shut up" and "would have made the correct decision". There, that's your first step in better communication :-)

It's your job to sort out problems when people are yelling and upset. If he wasn't upset you wouldn't have been called over in the first place.

StevieG 10-31-2007 10:12 AM

Jeff,

As long as we're being grammar cops:

[ QUOTE ]

If he wasn't upset you wouldn't have been called over in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he were not upset you wouldn't have been called over.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

diddyeinstein 10-31-2007 04:22 PM

I think you've gotten plenty of good advice, thoughts, and comments. Sorry about the situation OP, but thanks for posting this sentence:

10 minute after setting down with 200 he asked when the blinds go up.

because it cracked me up.

Torello 11-01-2007 10:27 PM

Question:
If the regular didn't realize he wasn't allin, then why couldn't the original board stand? Who demanded that there needed to be action on the turn? The drunk?

If neither player requested action on the turn, am I wrong that it can be ruled as no action and the board stands?