Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Home Games around St. Paul, MN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534729)

springsteen87 11-01-2007 03:20 AM

Re: Home Games around St. Paul, MN

I've got a group in minneapolis that plays twice a week .25/.50 NL and PL Omaha. We've usually got a full table but i could throw around the idea of including a bunch of others if we could find a place to have two tables.

johnnypaws 11-01-2007 06:50 PM

If anyone here is interested in getting a game going what nights/days work for you? Time? Lets get something organized. Or if anyone has a home game I would love to go. I swear, you won't end up in the trunk of my car.

Springsteen87, I would love to join your game. I am kind of stuck as to hosting though, because I don't have any free space for a poker table at my house, the best I could do is the neighbor's garage if I could get permission, but it is starting to get cold out.

I really just want to play some serious poker, but not have to pay a 4dollar rake and 1 dollar jackpot and have to buy in for 200 dollars every time.

CrazyEyez 11-02-2007 09:14 PM

I could play approx monthly.

Saturdays are easiest, Sundays probably second best. But weekdays are doable, except Fridays.

I shouldn't play higher than .25/.50 NL, or 2/4 HORSE.

dnord 11-02-2007 09:31 PM

PM me your email address (anyone on this list or anyone on the thread / lurking) and I'll add you to my second-tier desperation "can't fill a game" mailing list. You might get invited to a $10 donakment off the bat, but that's just to make sure that neither of us ends up dead in a car trunk.

That joke was funnier Monday than it is today imo.

Dromar 11-03-2007 07:55 PM

My usual home game alternates between .25/.5 Dealer's choice (Hold'em, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Stud, Stud8, Razz, Chicago, Tahoe, Crazy Pineapple, maybe one or two others) and .25/.5 NLHE. We play in/near Mankato area. It's shorthanded, so there's room for more, but any new players are allowed only at the discretion of the regulars. I'll have a talk with them and get back to you guys on this if there's any interest.

Mn-Holdem 11-04-2007 08:50 PM

I would be down as long as you guys don't mind thick clouds of dank bud smoke...

K8strtdraw 11-04-2007 11:18 PM

so should we just rent vans to play in? more room then car trunks.

bacats32 11-06-2007 11:22 PM

go to meetup.com you will find games

PhilBeans 11-07-2007 07:55 PM

I can/do host games in Elk river. Usually tourney style. Serious poker but drinking and having fun too. We play smaller buyins but do a few per night.

nehianh 11-08-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a group in minneapolis that plays twice a week .25/.50 NL and PL Omaha. We've usually got a full table but i could throw around the idea of including a bunch of others if we could find a place to have two tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this game has a bunch of LAGtards and one guy that is a pro, grinds online no big deal