Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Fun w/ AKs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534693)

KitCloudkicker 10-30-2007 03:43 PM

Re: Fun w/ AKs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why wouldnt he go for a river CR if he made two pair? we check an ace here behind never

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people will bet out if they hit their two pair, rather than hoping for a check raise, especially if their bingo card could give the guy behind a reason to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would we ever check behind on a T river

maybe in a 2/4 limit game, but am i wrong in assuming that 30/60 players are smart enough to cr this river when they hit?

WMB 10-30-2007 04:32 PM

Thats a classic 2-pair on the river bet. Against some I can fold, others call. Raising makes no sense.

Munchkin Mayor 10-30-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am sure he has J,10. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make sense.

if you're sure then you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. What I meant is that a raise seems like a bad move. And folding does too, because there enough times that a player who plans on calling the river will bet out hoping that you will fold.

Kit, if checked to you would you always value bet this river or doesn't the 10 give you reason to pause, given how many people like to play J,10. Afterall, there must be some reason this guy is calling every street and this seems to be the most likely card to bring in his hand.

*TT* 10-30-2007 04:58 PM

Dude - the problem is the likely hand distribution and the pre-flop hesitation his range is very wide. It could be something as bizarre as a big hand like KK which was looking to trap but chickened out and put in one bet on the river just in case you might fold, Ax which hit 2 pair on the river, Ax taking the check/call check/call bet line, or something retarded like 6T which sucked out.

I just call. I expect to win the hand as often as I expect to lose.

Dagger78 10-30-2007 05:00 PM

The river card I don't like, but would never make me check the river behind given how the hand played out. The only reason to check this river behind is if you're opposed to stacking chips.

As the hand played out, I just call. It seems like a rivered two pair to me. I don't see value in a raise(unless he's pulling the old c/c,c/c, donk with a weak ace, which I don't think he's doing more than half the time he calls the raise), and he's certainly bluffing or betting a worse hand often enough to call.

n.s. 10-30-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would we ever check behind on a T river

maybe in a 2/4 limit game, but am i wrong in assuming that 30/60 players are smart enough to cr this river when they hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we give him that much credit, then can we give him enough credit to know that OP won't call the river CR with one pair? If villain hit a powerhouse hand on the river (like a straight or set), he might be hoping to bet-3-bet the river, figuring that OP won't call the CR anyways with his one-pair hands and will raise with 2-pair or better.

I just think that putting villain on the overlay of betting out a weaker A here and being willing to call the c/r with it is to optimistic.

Entity 10-30-2007 07:25 PM

I don't understand people who are thinking raise is a viable option here.

DeathDonkey 10-30-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to work on your image nitboy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

Entity 10-30-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to work on your image nitboy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. It's a "tight" 50something player who didn't like his hand preflop and now he donks out on the river. You aren't good > 50% of the time you get called with a raise here. Not enough Axo hands that he's pained enough calling preflop that he suddenly decides to betcall on the river.

Rob

andyfox 10-31-2007 01:13 AM

The Dude calls and loses. Most of the time. To J-T. Tight, Bellagio player donks here when you've been betting the whole way you can't really expect to see one pair from him. Then again, he's on tilt, and he thinks you're playing too many hands, so who knows.