Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Help me play my JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534664)

larry31 10-30-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Help me play my JJ

imo once you bet the turn you should never fold the river. Villain calls the turn when he is in a shove or fold situation. Very interested to know what he has

Profish2285 10-30-2007 04:10 PM

More often than not, when villains check here they have whiffed overs. Unless you have a read that villain is capable of crai on turn here, why let his overs catch up? Maybe Im just dumb but I feel betting for protection is best here. And you asked what hands that 3 bet could connect with this flop? AK/AQ/AJ all with the flush draw.

Dr_Doctr 10-30-2007 04:26 PM

Well, that's why I bet this turn all the time - like you said missed overcards are a large part of the average villian's range with this line. I didn't push because some villians get tilted and crai with something like AK in these situations and I wanted to give him the chance to do that - it's unlikely but has happened to me on several occasions - villians see you playing a lot of junk and snap - plus the small bet is enough to price overcards out of calling.

Checking the turn gives us a chance to catch a bluff on the river from air and save money if we're behind. I don't know which is the better argument. Maybe with the flush draw there betting is better but I tend to more or less ignore flush draws in 3-bet pots when the stacks are not too deep - maybe this is a bad idea. I'd like to know if people think that if we're going to bet the turn who likes just shoving and who likes betting small with the intention of calling a shove as I did?

Profish2285 10-30-2007 04:31 PM

Im not saying the flush is a large part of his range, because it probably isnt. However, if the river comes off Q/K/A and villain bets then you have to fold. I guess this really depends on how aggressive villain is too. Against a passive player I think betting or shoving turn is best. Against a really aggro player, you really dont want to get crai on the turn, as you have to fold. So against that type of player, checking to induce a bluff isnt a bad idea. But if villain seems tag here, Im not sure he is going to bluff this river very often at all, if ever to be honest. So I would rather just bet and take it down here. If he wants to continue drawing, then he can do so incorrectly, and if he has a better hand, then so be it. I guess Im also torn now between betting the turn and shoving the turn, as if you bet it gives you some stack left to fold if he shoves, but if he does have a draw, youre giving him correct odds.

Daggemann 10-30-2007 04:34 PM

This is really read-dependent. if you have a LAG image, and he is a good player he will 3-bet u lighter. If he is good, then I dont think he will give a LAG player a free card on the turn with AA,KK or QQ. So I would just go with it on the turn, and bet like 25 which basically puts him all in. He could have AKs here, and I think he would fold to a big bet on the turn.

I think you can fold on the river, there is not much you beat here.

infinity235 10-30-2007 04:45 PM

If I call the flop, I shove that turn. It's only a bet slightly larger than pot-size, flush draws won't have the odds to draw, and I seriously can't see villain holding a single 7 or even 85 here.

Getting 4:1 odds, I make this call. Even though I puke most of the time because of my horrible turn play.