Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   please take skip bayless off the air (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534638)

Semtex 10-30-2007 02:46 PM

Re: please take skip bayless off the air

[ QUOTE ]
i think hes an idiot, i still find him entertaining though...

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah if you don't take him seriously he is entertaining for sure. i used to love the old woody paige-skip bayless battles.

Franchise 60 10-30-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah if you don't take him seriously he is entertaining for sure. i used to love the old woody paige-skip bayless battles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly can't listen to him speak about sports without going on life tilt. Skip Bayless can honestly put me in a bad mood for an entire day, he is honestly the anti christ imo.

ADLinden 10-30-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea those used to be great, i really think though that his whole act is something that espn likes and probably encourages him to keep up, its like hes made out to be the guy everyone hates, it would be boring if everyone just said the same things all day.

Franchise 60 10-30-2007 02:59 PM

I did hear one espn on air guy (forget who) say that it is def all an act in one of those chat sessions on espn.com. He pretty much said hes a real nice guy, and its all just for show etc.

But I don't care and still hate him.

Butcho22 10-30-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skip Bayless can honestly put me in a bad mood for an entire day

[/ QUOTE ]

Your life sucks?

Semtex 10-30-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea those used to be great, i really think though that his whole act is something that espn likes and probably encourages him to keep up, its like hes made out to be the guy everyone hates, it would be boring if everyone just said the same things all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah his whole shtick is just to argue against what the obvious opinion is. i know a lot of people like this i laugh at them too but its fun to argue with them.

34TheTruth34 10-30-2007 03:04 PM

Every time one of you guys makes a thread or post about how much Skip sucks or how retarded he is or how much he puts you on tilt, all you're doing is admitting that you just got leveled by Skip [censored] Bayless.

jlocdog 10-30-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly can't listen to him speak about sports without going on life tilt. Skip Bayless can honestly put me in a bad mood for an entire day, he is honestly the anti christ imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly?

Franchise 60 10-30-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skip Bayless can honestly put me in a bad mood for an entire day

[/ QUOTE ]

Your life sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious an exaggeration but good try. He does make me angry enough to turn off the channel and not watch ESPN for a few hours. But I hardly think I'm the only one who has that feeling.

I hate sensationalism in sports journalism, its a huge annoyance to me. And the main reason ESPN has turned into such [censored].

Being an over the top idiot as a sports journalist on television = more air time. Its just like what ESPN has made televised poker into. You get rewarded for being retarded.

The difference between the two is I can easily live without watching ME coverage on ESPN, but I really enjoy sports television.

vhawk01 10-30-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time one of you guys makes a thread or post about how much Skip sucks or how retarded he is or how much he puts you on tilt, all you're doing is admitting that you just got leveled by Skip [censored] Bayless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except I get it (I think) and I still hate him. He isn't just retarded for the stupid arguments he comes up with (assuming it isnt a level) he is also retarded for thinking that this level (assuming it is) is actually clever or funny or whatever. IOW, these are even terrible FAKE arguments. Plus the condescending idea that we all need some idiot to make fake arguments because we are all too dumb to just have intelligent sports debate on television.