Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL25 monsterdraw ip now what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534503)

QTip 10-30-2007 10:40 AM

Re: NL25 monsterdraw ip now what?

I think PF could go both ways, I sure don't mind a reraise there, but I see how keeping the poor player in it is nice as well. It can play well both ways.

The flop is definitely a raise. If we were quite a bit deeper, I could see a call. I'm always surprised what the bad players will call with in +1's position anyway. Of course, call a push and take the free card if you get to the turn.

Sounded Simple 10-30-2007 10:40 AM

I dont hate a raise at all, although I prefer a call here.

- You have position on the turn
- You have at least one weak player in the hand
- Ax diamonds is possible but we cant always play scared, worse flushes will pay just as often.
- Hitting the straight may make someone 2-pair
- The pot is getting big enough that we can probably get the stacks in on the river anyway.
- That flop will have hit a lot of hands 4-way so we may not have the fold equity we require.

Anyone agree/disagree??

threads13 10-30-2007 11:02 AM

I call to let your target continue to play the hand. If it does end up HU, you can probably get CO to fold just as easily on the turn only then you will have more information. I think your implied odds from the juicy player dictate your action.

QTip 10-30-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- Ax diamonds is possible but we cant always play scared, worse flushes will pay just as often.
- The pot is getting big enough that we can probably get the stacks in on the river anyway.
- That flop will have hit a lot of hands 4-way so we may not have the fold equity we require.

Anyone agree/disagree??

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest reason I don't like it is you can get priced out on the turn. We have mad equity now, let's get some money in. This also allows us to check the turn (if we get there) when our equity drops a lot.

threads13 10-30-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone agree/disagree??

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest reason I don't like it is you can get priced out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the CO?

AlexB182 10-30-2007 11:10 AM

I raise to say 3.5, but not really to end the hand quickly but to get some money in the pot. With hands like that I don't care too much if this is hand is MW as we have 8 outs to the nuts and about 9 to the 2nd nuts. If someone raises me here I instapush over the top...

toxzen 10-30-2007 11:21 AM

I don't think the call is particularly a bad play, but i don't think it's the best. I think it's weaker. I like trying to get it in here with 2 to come, especially with the potential dead money added to pot. I also don't mind taking down the pot right here with a reraise. You're in position with a monster hand, build the pot asap. Also, you may not get paid off as easily if you call and hit your flush draw. The reraise disquises your hand very very nicely.

toxzen 10-30-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone agree/disagree??

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest reason I don't like it is you can get priced out on the turn. We have mad equity now, let's get some money in. This also allows us to check the turn (if we get there) when our equity drops a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, by calling you're facing a very good chance of getting priced out on turn. While a reraise is gonna give you that free card more than likely if you miss.

threads13 10-30-2007 11:55 AM

If we raise and are reraise then what is CO's range?

AlexB182 10-30-2007 12:15 PM

Sets and overpairs, but even against sets we're only a 40 to 60 dog so with the dead money in the pot it's certainly worth the try. Against KK and QQ we are favs, against AA its 50 50...