Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Tigers trade for Renteria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534004)

prohornblower 10-29-2007 05:08 PM

Re: Tigers trade for Renteria

Guys chill out, jeez. It was a joke. And he fixed the title now so it's cool.

But for a moment I really did think Buick traded Tiger Woods for Elmer Renteria, pitch-man extraordinaire.

Jack of Arcades 10-29-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Tiger trade for Renteria

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
phb,

Learning grammar would solve your problem.

Can't wait for "John Smoltz trade" round 2!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right, please trade John Smoltz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you know I was referring to John Smoltz the Tiger for Doyle Alexander the Brave right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was taking it a step farther and just hoping that the Braves would actually trade John Smoltz and get similar results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

34TheTruth34 10-29-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I guess the move to 1B for Guillen is official now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the plan? To move a guy capable of play short (albeit poorly) to first?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Inge murdered and move Guillen to third?

[/ QUOTE ]

Inge is an above average defensive 3B, right? Obviously, they needed to replace the horribly bad Casey/Thames platoon. Guillen was great offensively as a SS, but wouldn't he project to a below average 1B offensively?

Jack of Arcades 10-29-2007 05:24 PM

really, this is just $9m more the braves can offer a-rod. that's like 3 weeks worth of salary.

James282 10-29-2007 05:31 PM

I think the braves should flip hernandez - I think he's slightly overrated for things like tools and running really fast and I believe Schafer is the better long term option at CF anyways. Looove that this opens up a spot for lillibridge though - at least my scoresheet baseball team does!

James

Sephus 10-29-2007 05:37 PM

tigers starting pitching for next year scares me even more now.

rwperu34 10-29-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I guess the move to 1B for Guillen is official now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the plan? To move a guy capable of play short (albeit poorly) to first?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Inge murdered and move Guillen to third?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Guillen to first move was made official in mid September. This is more to protect his knees than anything.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the braves should flip hernandez - I think he's slightly overrated for things like tools and running really fast and I believe Schafer is the better long term option at CF anyways. Looove that this opens up a spot for lillibridge though - at least my scoresheet baseball team does!

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorkys is quite a ways away and has a huge ceiling. Schafer is definitely the CF of the future, but there's no need to move Hernandez yet. He's going to start the year in A+, so he's at least two years from a decision.

Your scoresheet is going to be very unhappy unless the Braves play Lillibridge (or Johnson) in CF. Yunel Escobar now slots in as the starting SS.

[ QUOTE ]
Love this trade for both teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

capone0 10-29-2007 05:42 PM

I'm pretty disappointed as a Braves fan. Can we atleast spend the difference on SP.

Probable starters for next year.

1b-Tex
2b-Johnson
SS-Escobar
3b-Jones
RF-Diaz
CF-Francouer
LF-?

SP-Hudson
SP-Smoltz
SP-?
SP-?
SP-?

RP-Gonzalez?
RP-Moylan
RP-Mahay
RP-Acosta

Closer-Soriano

Big needs 3-5 starter? Will Hampton be back and can he pitch. James, Reyes fill any voids? I'd prefer more proven guys personally. I'd like a speedy guy in LF/RF (whichever Diaz doesn't play). I don't think Willie can handle a full season as proved by his Aug/Sep performance.