Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Party 600 - I squeeze AKs, and he insta-shoves (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533925)

Requin 10-29-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Party 600 - I squeeze AKs, and he insta-shoves

[ QUOTE ]
I want to first note that over 25,000 hands at Party mid-stakes, I have seen exactly ONE 4bet-shove

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's a super rare situation

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf are you guys playing party.net?

FireStorm 10-29-2007 03:14 PM

I think this is a fairly easy fold. People do this with AA/KK a lot more then you think, and if it isn't one of these, he probably has AK too. I doubt you see AQ or race hands often enough to make calling with these odds profitable.

FionnMac 10-29-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fairly easy fold. People do this with AA/KK a lot more then you think, and if it isn't one of these, he probably has AK too. I doubt you see AQ or race hands often enough to make calling with these odds profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, you really aren't qualified to comment on the ranges of regs unless you play in these games, i'm certain that anyone decent who does will say this is a very easy call.

illuminati 10-29-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But it's so pretty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And I fold this without too much thought. I mean, it's a super rare situation but he never ever has AQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you have played in the party 3/6 games (or equivalent games on ftp/stars etc) i don't think you should comment on this hand.

trust me, AK is a snaaaap call here, and i'd consider calling AQ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do and do (UKer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) You really think he 4-bet shoves cold worse than AK for a full stack??

FionnMac 10-29-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But it's so pretty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And I fold this without too much thought. I mean, it's a super rare situation but he never ever has AQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you have played in the party 3/6 games (or equivalent games on ftp/stars etc) i don't think you should comment on this hand.

trust me, AK is a snaaaap call here, and i'd consider calling AQ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do and do (UKer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) You really think he 4-bet shoves cold worse than AK for a full stack??

[/ QUOTE ]

unless OP is a total nit (which may well be the case), yes.

rand 10-29-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, you really aren't qualified to comment on the ranges of regs unless you play in these games, i'm certain that anyone decent who does will say this is a very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do, and i disagree
if someone had called the 3bet i think i would call most of the time

Fion range villain then...i would argue that we are almost never dominating villain and more often than not (especially with insta shove) we are a big dog

Unknown Soldier 10-29-2007 03:24 PM

wow, super easy fist pump call.

oh, wait. 12/8?? jesus, are you usually this tight? this might actually be a fold... if you're anything but the nittiest of nits this is a call though.

raze 10-29-2007 03:37 PM

I meant I'd been running about 12/8 over the 25 hands since he joined the table & I haven't done anything remotely out of line or anything like that. If he had a decent sample on me, I would come up something like 22/17.

Also of note, I have 4-shoved a fair amount into 3bets and 3bet squeezes, and I have been looked up a LOT by AK, as well as a couple of QQ's and even a JJ, so this guy would probably expect calls from a similar range if he 4bet-shoves with any regularity.

FionnMac 10-29-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant I'd been running about 12/8 over the 25 hands since he joined the table

[/ QUOTE ]

That means nothing, he's probably multi-tabling, sees you are ~22/17 over a decent sample and assumes you are squeezing.

Who is villain btw?

Partylurker 10-29-2007 03:44 PM

Yeah if u are a reg just assume all other regs got +3k hands on you, he's prolly just gonna look at ur stats, see 22/17 and then hes gonna felt anything decent.