Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What do you prefer to have when Re Rraised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533160)

mustmuck 10-28-2007 03:38 PM

Re: What do you prefer to have when Re Rraised

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to small PPs for set value... this is typically a very -EV play when OOP. When you're against a higher PP, you need 9:1 to be breakeven (7:1 to flop a set, 9:1 to flop a set and not be against an overset). So you need better than 9:1 to profit IF he goes broke with his overpair EVERY TIME, which isn't going to happen all that often (e.g. JJ on K-8-3 flop).

Add in the fact that most good MSNL players are RRing with a MUCH wider range than JJ+, calling the RR with a small PP for set value becomes quite a -EV play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that you generally shouldn't set mine OOP against a 3 bet, but are you sure about the 9-1 bit? Seems a bit high for flopping set over set. Perhaps if you include getting sucked out on after you flop a set?

g-p 10-28-2007 03:55 PM

ill play anything except offsuit trash

im asking to be exploited but no one tries

luegofuego 10-28-2007 03:59 PM

what the hell is RIO

i choose KQ because i will get a good made hand or a decent enough draw almost half the time or so. thats pretty awesome when comparing it to the 7:1 on deuces.

Montezuma21 10-28-2007 04:13 PM

RIO= Reverse Implied Odds

I mean, if we flop a Q or a K we can't really fold, and AA/KK/AQ/AK take us to valuetown every time, but most hands we're ahead of will be able to get away fairly cheap.

RiverHebrew2 10-28-2007 04:30 PM

I disagree w/ u; I think at NL$400 metagame starts applying (even at NL$200). Personally, KJ, JT, and KQ IMO shouldn't be played in reraised pots, because if u play a big pot with them, chances are you're [censored] (unless u flopped top two or nut straight, etc). Calling reraises with small pairs is ok, so that's I guess the hand I prefer to have when reraised preflop by a player in position and we both have normal stacks.

MatthewRyan 10-28-2007 04:32 PM

id rather have QK then 22-77

vancouverspecial 10-28-2007 04:36 PM

sounds like everyone 4bets ak everytime?

oyvindgee 10-28-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree w/ u; I think at NL$400 metagame starts applying (even at NL$200). Personally, KJ, JT, and KQ IMO shouldn't be played in reraised pots, because if u play a big pot with them, chances are you're [censored] (unless u flopped top two or nut straight, etc). Calling reraises with small pairs is ok, so that's I guess the hand I prefer to have when reraised preflop by a player in position and we both have normal stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling reraises with small PPs OOP is usually not okay with 100BB against any decent player. You DO NOT HAVE ODDS to flop a set and continuing without one is extremely difficult.

luvetoholdem 10-28-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8 9 suited

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my pick also.

stinkpaw 10-28-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is RIO

i choose KQ because i will get a good made hand or a decent enough draw almost half the time or so. thats pretty awesome when comparing it to the 7:1 on deuces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think average opponent is really 3-betting with AJ and if you hit top pair you are actually good? Maybe in 6-max but I'm a FR nit...