Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Patrice Bergeron (Bruins-Center) taken off immobilzed on stretcher (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532719)

kyro 10-27-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Patrice Bergeron (Bruins-Center) taken off immobilzed on stretche

This is why I don't understand hockey. People get hit all the time and I can't tell the difference between a "clean" hit and a "dirty" one that this supposedly is. Looked completely freak to me.

ajml 10-27-2007 07:07 PM

It was definitely a cheap hit and he had plenty of room to let up coming in. It's certainly not a 25 game suspension like cross-checking in the face is. I'd say 5 at MOST (and I am a Bruins fan)

Uglyowl 10-27-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not particularly sure how this hit was different from almost any similar forecheck along the boards. it was just a freak incident because bergeron was a bit low and jones was much higher than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that stupid Bergeron for getting his head in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

people shouldn't be making this out to be worse than it is, which is a check-gone-wrong. this is no steve downie and this is no jesse boulerice type situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big difference with this hit from behind. They are all bad, but instead of pulling up at the end, this [censored] went all the way pushing him into and driving his face into the boards.

It is one of the most dangerous thing in the game and can't be tolerated.

Update: Concussion and broken nose, he has all movement.

THEOSU 10-27-2007 07:16 PM

kyro,

that's pretty much what i meant. i enjoy watching the hockey, but as far as knowing a great deal about the sport, i confess i do not. despite this, looking at the check, it just seeemed as though it was a poor decision, not malicious or anything. i don't see how it's a great deal different from any other player finishing his check in the attacking end with the key difference that i noted.

g-bebe 10-27-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not particularly sure how this hit was different from almost any similar forecheck along the boards. it was just a freak incident because bergeron was a bit low and jones was much higher than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that stupid Bergeron for getting his head in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

people shouldn't be making this out to be worse than it is, which is a check-gone-wrong. this is no steve downie and this is no jesse boulerice type situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big difference with this hit from behind. They are all bad, but instead of pulling up at the end, this [censored] went all the way pushing him into and driving his face into the boards.

It is one of the most dangerous thing in the game and can't be tolerated.

Update: Concussion and broken nose, he has all movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

it may have been from behind, but I really doubt that there was any malicious intent. downie may have came from in front of mcammond but that doesn't mean a thing -- he was aiming to punish him bigtime.

yes face first into the boards is very very dangerous, no argue, but i just don't think it's the same here, these types of checks from behind on a forecheck happen very very often, and this one happened to go wrong. i can see a short suspension of 1-5 games, but not more

SmileyEH 10-27-2007 07:47 PM

Def. not 20game suspension. Cheap shot, but really guys? You think he was trying to drive his face into the lip of the boards as hard as possible? No way.

grando 10-27-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it may have been from behind, but I really doubt that there was any malicious intent. downie may have came from in front of mcammond but that doesn't mean a thing -- he was aiming to punish him bigtime.

yes face first into the boards is very very dangerous, no argue, but i just don't think it's the same here, these types of checks from behind on a forecheck happen very very often, and this one happened to go wrong. i can see a short suspension of 1-5 games, but not more

[/ QUOTE ]

perfectly said

this type of check happens multiple times in every game - this was just a freak accident

ASPoker8 10-27-2007 07:59 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this type of hit happens all the time in hockey... except

Jones held his stick up high and shoved downwards into the back of Bergeron's head at full speed.

Its pretty silly to say this exact hit happens all the time, because this hit does not equal the hit that you all are thinking about.

Myrtle 10-27-2007 08:04 PM

Saw the hit in real time on the tube....

I was incredibly surprised with the result.

Yup, Jones's stick was high and it was a semi-cross check from behind.

It seems to me that it was one of those freaky things.....everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.

He hit him high across the shoulders.....Bergeron was in a semi-crouch, and it ended up driving his face right into the protruding wooden lip of the boards.

It sure didn't look to me as if there was any malice at all intended on Jones's part?

As a Bruins fan, it really sucks, but it appears to be just one of those bad breaks.

Ser William 10-27-2007 08:13 PM

Per the Globe:

[ QUOTE ]
Patrice Bergeron has been diagnosed with a concussion and a broken nose.

Initial X-rays and a CT scan have not shown serious injury to his head or neck, and he has full feeling and motion in all extremities.

[/ QUOTE ]