Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LOL at Neteller policies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532535)

robracing 10-27-2007 02:47 PM

Re: LOL at Neteller policies

Better still, I get my account locked each time I try to log into my account from my office, which is in the same town as my home, in the UK.

Apparently, they consider my encrypted office wireless network insecure, whereas my home wifi, which is not encrypted, is fine!

WTF?! Neteller is a secure site is it not, so the security is handled at their end.

Seems like they are not content with giving up their US Market. They are now hell-bent on closing themselves down on a global basis.

Apathy 10-27-2007 03:05 PM

When I used to use neteller I travelled so much they just turned off that security feature for me.

I asked nicer then you though.

jman220 10-27-2007 03:14 PM

Considering the way neteller handled its US customers during the debacle, anyone who continues to use neteller, from any country is a fool, and deserves whatever they get.

AntonHeat 10-27-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering the way neteller handled its US customers during the debacle, anyone who continues to use neteller, from any country is a fool, and deserves whatever they get.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Scansion 10-27-2007 03:47 PM

lolaments ftw

Toasta 10-27-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better still, I get my account locked each time I try to log into my account from my office, which is in the same town as my home, in the UK.

Apparently, they consider my encrypted office wireless network insecure, whereas my home wifi, which is not encrypted, is fine!

WTF?! Neteller is a secure site is it not, so the security is handled at their end.

Seems like they are not content with giving up their US Market. They are now hell-bent on closing themselves down on a global basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like your office network is connected through a vpn.

I_am_smrt 10-27-2007 04:30 PM

lol at neteller [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] my account got locked, & their customer service said they'd call to rectify the problem. That was some time yesterday, of course... Still no call...

BRpokah 10-27-2007 04:40 PM

Same thing happened to me.Such a joke.I know they are well aware that most of their clients use Neteller for gambling and if you are a poker player you will be travelling a lot to play tournaments and such and need to have access to your account.

Also,I never had any problems with actual banks(or ePassporte,or moneybookers or ecocard for that matter), as they let me login from anywhere in the world.That should be enough to show how unreasonable this policy is.

Quagmyer 10-27-2007 06:02 PM

lol@ using Neteller
Moneybookers is much better

Granite 10-27-2007 06:20 PM

I have the same deal as Apathy, they turned off the country security feature as I travelled alot.

I did set this up a number of years ago though