Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Being "Defriended", do you ever retaliate? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530523)

econophile 10-24-2007 07:53 PM

Re: Being \"Defriended\", do you ever retaliate?

[ QUOTE ]
sticking a banana in her tailpipe

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Alobar 10-24-2007 07:56 PM

uh, cant you call her and ask whats up? Unless you dont really care about her, in which case, just move on. But since it annoys you you obviously do

ncboiler 10-24-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just noticed that an ok friend of mine (we'd talk once-twice a week, she was really open about everything and friendly) just blocked/defriended me on Myspace, Facebook, and an online journal site for no particular reason. No argument or fight with her, as the last time I spoke with her was about her recent ex-boyfriend who screwed her over and conveniently was also an enemy of mine. I'm not gonna go messaging death threats to her or sticking a banana in her tailpipe, but I am mildly annoyed. Does everyone else just shrug it off and move on, or have any of you done something irrational or at least humorously mean-spirited in revenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

He hacked her account and blocked anyone with a penis -LDO

poorolrich 10-24-2007 08:38 PM

If you are going to take it personally go over to her house/apartment about 4 o'clock in the morning and introduce her to your new friend----Molotav Cocktail----Problem solved.

Fast Food Knight 10-24-2007 09:33 PM

Do you send annoying goddamn promotions or invitations to various clubs and events to every single friend regardless of where they live every [censored] day? Because I just deleted several annoying [censored] who do this constantly.

I know, I know, I have a tough life.

Five-Star 10-24-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you send annoying goddamn promotions or invitations to various clubs and events to every single friend regardless of where they live every [censored] day? Because I just deleted several annoying [censored] who do this constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can choose to block the applications (all at once or individually by clicking on them). That way your News Feed isn't cluttered by finding out what applications when your friends add them and your friends can't bite you with their vampire or zombie or whatever those kids are doing these days.

OP, it was probably the boyfriends influence. You could probably just try and refriend her if you care and then just block him so he can't see that you are friends with her. If you cared. Or just move on.

Glo 10-24-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can choose to block the applications (all at once or individually by clicking on them). That way your News Feed isn't cluttered by finding out what applications when your friends add them and your friends can't bite you with their vampire or zombie or whatever those kids are doing these days.

OP, it was probably the boyfriends influence. You could probably just try and refriend her if you care and then just block him so he can't see that you are friends with her. If you cared. Or just move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definately gotta be the bf. It's happened to me before with my best friend from HS. No words, no nothing, we just stopped talking. I got wind that she was getting married, and was expecting an invite. When her wedding day arrived and I hadn't received an invite, I knew then and there exactly how she felt about me.

Almost 2 years later, tragedy strikes in her family, and without hesitation (almost, I wasn't sure how she'd take me when I showed up) I was by her side. I did ask her what happened between us, but she asked that I drop it. At that very moment, I knew it had to do something with her late husband. I haven't brought it up since, obv. it will someday.

Burdzthewurd 10-25-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definately gotta be the bf. It's happened to me before with my best friend from HS. No words, no nothing, we just stopped talking. I got wind that she was getting married, and was expecting an invite. When her wedding day arrived and I hadn't received an invite, I knew then and there exactly how she felt about me.

Almost 2 years later, tragedy strikes in her family, and without hesitation (almost, I wasn't sure how she'd take me when I showed up) I was by her side. I did ask her what happened between us, but she asked that I drop it. At that very moment, I knew it had to do something with her late husband. I haven't brought it up since, obv. it will someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something like this happened to me except for the last part this summer...an old girlfriend of mine who said she had still never got over me in the past 6 years married a mystery guy who not I or any of our mutual friends ever met. Every time she wanted to hangout with me or talk, she was either fighting with her fiance or kept our hanging out/talking a secret from him. I got no invite to her wedding, haven't talked to her since. I wouldn't be surprised if she contacted me if he cheated on/divorced/died on her.

FFK,

I do maybe one survey a month on Myspace, and I'm not the clubbing/vampire/zombie/My Garden type of guy, so not an issue. I txt'd her saying "your loss" and she replied "Who is this?". I'd be kinda surprised if her ex-bf went to this much trouble to block me out of her life since he didn't do [censored] to me in the 2 years inbetween writing that retarded letter and him dating her.

BEP 10-25-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just noticed that an ok friend of mine (we'd talk once-twice a week, she was really open about everything and friendly) just blocked/defriended me on Myspace, Facebook, and an online journal site for no particular reason. No argument or fight with her, as the last time I spoke with her was about her recent ex-boyfriend who screwed her over and conveniently was also an enemy of mine. I'm not gonna go messaging death threats to her or sticking a banana in her tailpipe, but I am mildly annoyed. Does everyone else just shrug it off and move on, or have any of you done something irrational or at least humorously mean-spirited in revenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it... She's an attention whore/drama queen who is upset with her own life for some reason or another. She wants a message from you saying "OMG why did you delete me?" so that she can apologize and start over. Because of your reaction to the potential loss of her as a friend she somehow feels more complete.

She'll eventually grow up, or she won't, either way I definitely wouldn't take any action here.

Bulletproof Monk 10-25-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh, cant you call her and ask whats up? Unless you dont really care about her, in which case, just move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread