Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Student loans for drinking money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530427)

Riverman 10-24-2007 10:36 PM

Re: Student loans for drinking money

This idea is fine, you will have no problem getting approved at a good rate

NozeCandy 10-24-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all that money is managed by my Dad

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you have absolutely no control over the cash? Do you have any plans on getting control of it? I assume you're over 18 at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I assume I'll take over all of this after graduation when I find a job and get settled somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read plz.

My Dad does high finance for a living, so honestly I'd rather him have control over it right now. All I have to do is occasionally sign some forms and send them to my financial adviser. I guess legally I could do whatever I wanted with it, but his idea for this money is that it's a retirement fund, so I can stop working way earlier. I doubt all of it will end up as that, but a lot of it will.

Ganjasaurus Rex 10-24-2007 11:44 PM

Just tell your dad the truth... that you're a cokehead and it's gonna take $5k of his money to keep you quiet when the neighbors are around. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

smartalecc5 10-25-2007 01:59 AM

Is that facebook lending thing legit?

If I loaned money, is that basically like a 12% ROI or interest (w/e its called). Thats like 7% better than my money market account.

CoolWave 10-25-2007 05:35 AM

no point in taking out a loan and paying back intrust. 90 dollars a month for 7 years LOLLz im sure you would pay it back much sooner. and if you wanted to make a good financial decision you should just tell your dad you want some extra spending money he will understand. if u have 300k 5 k is like 1.5 percent, you should just put 5k on roulette in vegas and martingdale til' u win

Go_Blue88 10-25-2007 09:56 AM

LOL @ giving your dad so much control of your money. i mean come on man, it's YOUR money; spend it on whatever the [censored] you want. if you inherited it then maybe i could understand; but, if your dad is your "financial advisor," then he should act like one and let you do whatever you want with your money.

NozeCandy 10-25-2007 10:51 AM

Uh, it is inherited.

O Fen�meno 10-25-2007 10:53 AM

or you could just become a man of the night and ravage womenz

AbreuTime 10-25-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ giving your dad so much control of your money. i mean come on man, it's YOUR money; spend it on whatever the [censored] you want. if you inherited it then maybe i could understand; but, if your dad is your "financial advisor," then he should act like one and let you do whatever you want with your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that this 300k wasn't "earned" directly by the OP, but that it's sort of a gift/trust from his parents.

OP: Talk to your dad about wanting more spending money. Just mention that you are just trying to smooth out your consumption curve to maximize your overall utility.

Scary_Tiger 10-25-2007 11:18 AM

Do you not have a debit card? Just spend the money in your savings account. Why do you need 5k? Are you sure you aren't dealing drugs?