Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Frozen with a set: good or bad call down? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530388)

g-p 10-24-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Frozen with a set: good or bad call down?

make it look like your bluffing that riv!

king_of_drafts 10-24-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like all streets, river is close but I think the flat is fine vs a lot of players

[/ QUOTE ]

10-24-2007 05:49 PM

Your line looks a lot more like a draw/combo draw than a failed flop CR, especially since you didn't raise the turn (which I didn't really like in the first place), so I'd overbet raise the river.

Isura 10-24-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your line looks a lot more like a draw/combo draw than a failed flop CR, especially since you didn't raise the turn (which I didn't really like in the first place), so I'd overbet raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

FoxwoodsFiend 10-24-2007 06:05 PM

i think i have to raise the river (if i had TsJs here and posted my raise everybody would be like "what are you repping") so i think i messed that up (though it is close IMO)

but everybody saying raise the turn: if the money goes in after a guy pots it into 4 players and the next to act guy raises, i'm getting my money in bad. also, two pair behind can easily fold and I wouldn't be surprised if SB folds two pair (especially if it's some middle 2 pair hand)

Isura 10-24-2007 06:19 PM

Nah I don't think SB will fold two pair after the flop was checked. He's gonna be excited to get action

deadmoney98 10-24-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah I don't think SB will fold two pair after the flop was checked. He's gonna be excited to get action

[/ QUOTE ]

Phresh 10-24-2007 08:49 PM

I'd def raise the river since it looks so fishy.

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 10-24-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10/20, 2k effective everyone's unknown but I can tell that nobody's that tough (not saying donks, just not tough).

UTG minraises to 40, 3 callers including the sb, and I call in BB w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop (200): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked around (I WAS GOING TO CHECKRAISE BUT IT DIDN'T WORK!!! dammit)
Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB pots it. I know nothing about him
I call, everyone else folds
River (600): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets $450, I just call. Good or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus christ ariel what happened to you

DJ Sensei 10-24-2007 11:16 PM

after a minraise, I'd almost always bet out on this flop. theres a much higher chance it checks around, even 4 ways. and its not like you're gonna lose action by doing it, if somebody hit it theyre paying off.

I don't mind calling down that much, but I do think you'll be shown a worse hand much more often than a better one. Throw a minraise in there on the river and I think its better. Obv call a shove.